You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, April 20th 2008, 7:20pm

New SS Beta Released!

The next beta of SS3.0 has been released.
Problem is, I can't get it to unzip right. :(

Anyone that gets it to work, could you please E-mail me the uncorrupted file? I'm running the newest version of .NET2.0, so it should be working on my computer.

e-mail is: csn290@yahoo.com

Sunday, April 20th 2008, 7:35pm

Works fine here, unzipped using WinRar 3.3. As noted on the page, the layout is different from 3b2, and earlier versions, but it seems to load 3b2 designs just fine. Several of the new entries (mines, ASW weapons, aft superstructure armor) seem to work now, though mines seem to be a little slow at registering their weight (if you enter mines, until you modify something else, the program doesn't seem to check the weight of the mines in it's calculations).

Hmmmm. Maybe I spoke too soon: having some difficulties with designs that have torpedo bulkheads.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hrolf Hakonson" (Apr 20th 2008, 7:52pm)

Sunday, April 20th 2008, 8:00pm

Thanks for sending me the prog.
Apparently ALZip didn't like it, so I got WinRAR and it worked fine.

Also, destroyers get majorly slowed down in this version. I guess that has to do with the engine slider not working.

Sunday, April 20th 2008, 8:03pm

That would be my guess: if the hull drag models are in place, but the modifying engine weight models aren't, I'm not real surprised that DDs are slowed in Beta 3.

Sunday, April 20th 2008, 8:04pm

Quoted

Hmmmm. Maybe I spoke too soon: having some difficulties with designs that have torpedo bulkheads.

Maybe you stumbled across the same problem I did: Beam between bulkheads. Took me a while to figure out that that one was the main reason why I could no longer properly sim one of my BBs. Once that was sorted, no problems. Will try one of the smaller vessels in a moment.

Sunday, April 20th 2008, 8:29pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quoted

Maybe you stumbled across the same problem I did: Beam between bulkheads. Took me a while to figure out that that one was the main reason why I could no longer properly sim one of my BBs. Once that was sorted, no problems. Will try one of the smaller vessels in a moment.

It IS beam between bulkheads that's giving me trouble, yes. I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but I'm having to put a number that's over half the beam of the ship (assuming it's not changing units on me, using feet always for "beam between bulkheads" when the rest of the ship is in meters) to get a design that worked in Beta 2 to behave in Beta 3.......

AH, HA!!! OK, now I get it: the "beam between bulkheads" value is supposed to be the width of space in the hull that's not part of the torpedo defenses.

Sunday, April 20th 2008, 8:34pm

Ooh, yay. *Pounces new program and begins playing.*

Sunday, April 20th 2008, 8:55pm

Quoted

AH, HA!!! OK, now I get it: the "beam between bulkheads" value is supposed to be the width of space in the hull that's not part of the torpedo defenses.

It s pretty much the space in the hull where your machinery and magazines are located. Bit of a problem if you try to fit your machinery and magazines in a space as narrow as 10 feet... as I had set it at one point.
^_^;;

Also with Additional bulkheads, you need a mimimum space between the bulkheads and the hull thus your "beam between bulkheads" needs to be smaller than the hull beam.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Apr 20th 2008, 8:56pm)