You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 8:23pm

New player for France

With Canis/Hrolf making a change in the US government, I'll announce that Agent148 is taking over France starting Q1/36.

I'll try not to get France into too many wars in that time...

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 8:25pm

Good choice and a very good writer. Hope he sticks to his African colonies and forgets about some minor territories in Asia. :D

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 8:40pm

Excellent choice. Germany is a bit concerned, mind, but Germany and France have been at least well-mannered since I took over Germany. :)

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 8:41pm

I really enjoyed his writing

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 8:41pm

Ditto the above. I've really enjoyed watching Agent's participation in the Lithuania storyline. A fine choice!

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 8:54pm

I think its a fine choice too!

Long may France and her British ally work together and put all the nastiness of the 19th Century (and further back!) behind them.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 8:58pm

Agincourt... :D

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 9:02pm

You can come up with something more recent than THAT! How about Waterloo? Or Trafalgar? Or Chesapeake Bay?

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 9:06pm

Fashoda?

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 9:15pm

I mentioned Agincourt because last Sunday I saw some documentary about it on the German/French channel Arte. It was quite interesting.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Feb 21st 2008, 9:15pm)

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 9:28pm

I feel it's a good posting for Agent 148 :)

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 9:47pm

Quoted

Long may France and her British ally work together and put all the nastiness of the 19th Century (and further back!) behind them
Noooo!!! The world is coming to an end! What next? Indo-Dutch Alliance? Belguim-German Treaty of Friendship? Joint Atlantean-Italian coooperation? :D

Who was it that said? "Now that the Cold War is over we can go back to our regular job of watching the French"

Kaiser Kirk

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 10:04pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Who was it that said? "Now that the Cold War is over we can go back to our regular job of watching the French"

OOC: of course they said that. The Brits fight dirty, they like to watch the French so they know how not to fight a war, then go do something different... 8p

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 10:21pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox

Quoted

Long may France and her British ally work together and put all the nastiness of the 19th Century (and further back!) behind them
Noooo!!! The world is coming to an end! What next? Indo-Dutch Alliance? Belguim-German Treaty of Friendship? Joint Atlantean-Italian coooperation? :D

Those scenarios aren't really improbable, you know. However you want to see something improbable? Try a Pan-Balkan Alliance, something im in favour of, but unfortunately I seem to be the only one.

Kaiser Kirk

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 10:28pm

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
Those scenarios aren't really improbable, you know. However you want to see something improbable? Try a Pan-Balkan Alliance, something im in favour of, but unfortunately I seem to be the only one.

I would say an Indo-Dutch alliance is ...um...unlikely.
About 1932 there was a reasonable chance of improvement, perhaps even diplomatic relations, but not alliance.

A Belgian-German treaty of friendship is far more possible. The German occupation was mitigated by the Dutch, and Germany's overall image rehabilitation has been greater. Trade links and interaction are likely to increase, and such a thing might become possible.

As for Atlantis and Italy, they have cooperated.. they both signed Cleito, and.. well thats about it.. :)

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 10:30pm

Quoted

As for Atlantis and Italy, they have cooperated.. they both signed Cleito, and.. well thats about it..

... and were on the same side during the Great War. I think that also counts, right?

Kaiser Kirk

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 11:17pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quoted

As for Atlantis and Italy, they have cooperated.. they both signed Cleito, and.. well thats about it..

... and were on the same side during the Great War. I think that also counts, right?

Well, I suppose if you hadn't been on the same side relations would be worse???

Friday, February 22nd 2008, 12:34am

Congratulations, good Sir.
The Kingdom of Siam wishes you a prosperous rule, and also a possible end to any unpleasantness between our nations.

Friday, February 22nd 2008, 12:37am

Quoted

Originally posted by Carthaginian
and also a possible end to any unpleasantness between our nations.

...how will that be interesting, eh? ?(

:P

Friday, February 22nd 2008, 12:50am

Awww... :(

And here I was trying to make things worse, capturing French fishing boats and doing other nasty things...