You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 8:18pm

Recollections on German MTB

I am working to sort through the various classes of German Schnelleboot and I have encountered a knot.

Per the filed sim reports, Germany has 56 S-Boote in the fleet. The encyclopedia accounts for six boats of the 1933 Type and six of the 1936 Type.

Based on the sim reports, the current German S-Boot design carries a 75 ton light displacement, but I have not been able to find a copy of the specifications, nor anything to indicate whether there was or was not an intevening design.

Might anyone have a recollection on the subject?

Thanks,

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 8:30pm

Further Clarification Needed

In reading through the last dispositions report for the Kriegsmarine, here

I find references to several batches of '150-ton subchasers'. I can't match these to anything Rocky put in the 3Q39 sim report nor anything in the German encyclopedia.

Might someone have an explanation?

Thanks,

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 8:38pm

The Persian S.Bootes were 105 tons (first 5 sold and built by Germany)

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 8:41pm

Yes, there were some 105t boats, but I've no idea how many there are.

I believe, however, all of the classes had the historical specs, or very close to it.

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 9:37pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Yes, there were some 105t boats, but I've no idea how many there are.

I believe, however, all of the classes had the historical specs, or very close to it.

The closest I've found to a 105-ton boat is here

Did Germany sell some of its earlier boats to Persia, or were the built for export? This is the place where I am hung up on fleet strength.

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 10:01pm

New boats based on what was (I assume the standard S-Boote), the only changes were that the persian boats use a uniform 25mm armament

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 10:10pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
New boats based on what was (I assume the standard S-Boote), the only changes were that the persian boats use a uniform 25mm armament

Then I have to assume that they were an export design :(

I could probably come up with some historical stats to explain the current situation, but I'd like to check with those who have been here longer than I have.