You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 9:54am

100 registered visitors

Not including "SATSUMA" we now have 100 board visitors registered.

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 3:30pm

"Did ya ever have the feeling that ya was bein' watched?" AHHHH, THE EYES, THE EYES, EVERYWHERE!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I wonder how many of them sign up, then look around some more and decide "let's not post to Wesworld after all, tis a silly place!"?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 3:38pm

About 70%....

The rest is either active, was active or is just plain new...

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 3:57pm

I was lurking for a year...before I fund out that there is still place for new players.
Beside if someone is looking for line drawing this the Best place too find them

Tarrif

Unregistered

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 10:15pm

When I first found this forum about a year ago I was thinking about posting but didn't have a whole lot to say. Then I thought abot mentioning it on my website because it really was a cool place to get some information. If you want I can put a link to it on my front page for a while. I'm getting about 500 unique visitors per day, many of them from Navyfield who are already interested in naval combat. The only reason I haven't already is because a.) I usualy ask the webmaster first, and b.) If the site traffic increases who knows what kind of riff-raff it'll bring in :)

Want me to put a link up?

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 10:20pm

I leave that decision to Hooman as he's basically in charge of the site, but I don't see the harm.

HoOmAn

Thursday, April 27th 2006, 1:58pm

Traffic is the key word...

Well, traffic is the key word.

This site is not made to handle traffic as generated on boards like warships1 or others. Neither regarding webspace nor simultanous access.

Currently webspace is not yet a problem (I run a back-up yesterday which resulted in 40+MB for text only, not including board or user information etc.) but some of you may have already noticed that the board gets slow if more than ca. 8 users are online at a time. And during speaks we already have more than that....

On the other hand all this doesn´t cost us a cent as a friend of mine hosts us.... (Hail Testpilot!)

So back to the original question:

I´d say "let´s try it". Fresh blood always is a good thing and if things get too wild Tarrif can take the link from his page...

Regards,

HoOmAn

Tarrif

Unregistered

Thursday, April 27th 2006, 11:31pm

Well, knowing the internet, putting a link on my site with either result in one or two people joining, or 200 people trying to cram in at the same time. I'm hoping that most people gloss over it and only a dozen or so really interested (and educated) people check it out.

Do you guys have a banner or anything graphic you want me to add other than a plain text link? I can add it on my website tonight.

Thursday, April 27th 2006, 11:58pm

I thing that we dont have a banner.
But mayby this.

A realy crapy attempt to make a banner

Friday, April 28th 2006, 4:45am

rofl. I can try and whip up a banner when I get home from work, I guess.

Friday, April 28th 2006, 6:35am

Hey a banner would be nice!

Tarrif

Unregistered

Friday, April 28th 2006, 6:58am

Well if you guys get the time, can you give me a short breakdown of what exactly Wesworld is about? I don't want to get my synopsis wrong. Also, if I get the time, I throw my hat in the ring and try to make a banner as well.

Friday, April 28th 2006, 7:07am

geopolitical naval simulation based on an alternate history with slightly altered political blocks, and a divergent arms limitation treaty similar to the Washington treaty. simulation would seem to focus more on political and technical aspects, as opposed to rampant large-scale military conflicts (though that may change when certain people get uppity?).

HoOmAn

Friday, April 28th 2006, 10:35am

There´s no banner yet so if somebody can come up with something nice.......

There is a thread in the meeting place "Welcome to WesWorld" that might help, Tarrif, even if it probably needs an update.

Friday, April 28th 2006, 4:19pm

Quoted

You have stepped into an alternate reality where the world as we know it is drastically different than the one we all know historically. This is Wesworld, a warship sim envolving fleets of various historical and fictional country's begining in the year 1921. Affectionatly named Wesworld by some wiseguy in the sim after the man who started it all (me) with help from others like Hooman and Pengolodh_sc who had the idea of creating and designing a fleet and putting it in a world where it would be influenced by other fleets.
The players all have to abide by the Treaty of Cleito, a treaty created by all nations to prevent an arms race that led to WW1. The nations involved are: Atlantis (yes the mythical island still exists!), Britain, The South African Empire, the United States ,the Russian Federation, Nordmark, France, Italy, Germany, Greece, India, Japan, Iberia and Austrailia.

Also dont forget Swampy's sanity rules!

Friday, April 28th 2006, 6:59pm

I can change the text if you guys want.

Friday, April 28th 2006, 8:00pm

Acctually I was thinking of putting a plane or tank into the baner to mix it up abit. The text looks good.

Friday, April 28th 2006, 8:35pm

That's why I included the airship, but I'll replace the cruiser with a plane I guess.

Friday, April 28th 2006, 8:40pm

Plane... + Manzo... very dangerous for the Airship! :-)

Friday, April 28th 2006, 8:42pm

There's an alternate if you'd prefer