You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, March 5th 2008, 8:03am

Absence notes.

I'll be scarce for the first week or two in April; Annual Long Island/ICON trip.

I'm taking my mother on a fairly long cruise in may; Transatlantic from Florida to Portugal, then north towards Sweden.

Anyone at or near any of our stops that wants to meet a real, live American tourist... speak up :P

May 5th - Horta, Azores
May 8th - Lisbon, Portugal
May 11th - Cobh, Ireland
May 12th - Dartmouth, England
May 13th - Le Havre, France
May 14th - Harwich, England
May 15th - Amsterdam, Netherlands
May 16th - Kiel Canal, Germany
May 18th - Helsinki, Finland
May 19th - St. Petersburg, Russia
May 20th - Tallinn, Estonia
May 21st - Stockholm, Sweden

Wednesday, March 5th 2008, 11:02am

RE: Absence notes.

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc

May 11th - Cobh, Ireland

But do you have your visa for "The Peoples Republic of Cork"? (They are a little "special" down there, think it's the real capital and other such nonsense!!)

It's only 150 miles away, so depending on the day of the week it falls on, this my be do-able!!

Wednesday, March 5th 2008, 12:49pm

Dartmouth is closest to me, but the roads that side of Exeter are awful. Depending on the exact date I might be in Stoke anyway.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, March 5th 2008, 5:30pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green

Quoted

May 11th - Cobh, Ireland

But do you have your visa for "The Peoples Republic of Cork"? (They are a little "special" down there, think it's the real capital and other such nonsense!!)

It's only 150 miles away, so depending on the day of the week it falls on, this my be do-able!!

I passed through Kinsale, not far west of Cobh, last fall. Quite nice down there :) I think thats where I finally concluded the hedgerows were fuschias. Totally didn't notice that the first time.

Wednesday, March 5th 2008, 6:08pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green

Quoted

May 11th - Cobh, Ireland

I passed through Kinsale, not far west of Cobh, last fall. Quite nice down there :) I think thats where I finally concluded the hedgerows were fuschias. Totally didn't notice that the first time.

Did you get to see "Charlesfort"??

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Commodore Green" (Mar 5th 2008, 6:09pm)

Kaiser Kirk

Wednesday, March 5th 2008, 6:42pm

No we didn't. We had the first four stays booked in advance, so we came down from a B&B near Killarney and got to Kinsale area near dusk. Next day we spent the morning in Kinsale and then up to Tipperary. We had just the time to see Kinsale harbor and the bit of town right there.

Wednesday, March 5th 2008, 8:25pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
No we didn't. We had the first four stays booked in advance, so we came down from a B&B near Killarney and got to Kinsale area near dusk. Next day we spent the morning in Kinsale and then up to Tipperary. We had just the time to see Kinsale harbor and the bit of town right there.

You missed out!
A typical Bastion style fortress, built right down on the water line, with a boom fort on the opposite bank where the harbour mouth narrows (One of the finest natural harbours I've seen).

And the walls have never been hit by enemy fire.......
no, the idiot that put it there, didn't think the high ground behind it was important at the time. The one and only time it was taken, by the Williamite forces, they just lobbed shells into it from the same high ground......

Kaiser Kirk

Wednesday, March 5th 2008, 9:10pm

Ahh, I would have loved it.
I was up to my ears in work before I left. Even had to run out with the contractors to prep them on the job the day I left, left the planning to others. I didn't even know it was there.

Thursday, March 6th 2008, 1:30am

Taking one of the Cunard Queens transatlantic?

Thursday, March 6th 2008, 3:15am

Quoted

Originally posted by CanisD
Taking one of the Cunard Queens transatlantic?

Would've liked to, but I couldn't convince mom Cunard is classless nowdays.

She went with Princess cruises, the Royal Princess to be specific.

If I ever come into some money, I'll take her on a circumnaviation cruise on one of the Queens. Not too likely, tho :P

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ShinRa_Inc" (Mar 6th 2008, 3:17am)

Thursday, April 3rd 2008, 10:11pm

Reminder; I'll be in New York for a week or two, starting in a few hours.

Thursday, April 3rd 2008, 10:42pm

Excellent. While you are away from your base, Japan shall execute Operation Mountie: Replace Canada's national anthem with a new one.
:D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Apr 3rd 2008, 10:42pm)

Tuesday, April 15th 2008, 4:37am

Home for a week or so. I trust everyone's noticed the missing factories the Canadian Department of Administrative Research has Yoink!"'d from you during my absense. ^_^

Tuesday, April 15th 2008, 4:47am

OMG, Canada has hired the SquEnix Assault Brigade!
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!