You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 2:55pm

Poland is available

With the end of the Lithuanian Crisis Poland is available if anyone want it.

PS: Brazil and Philippines still available.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Feb 21st 2008, 2:55pm)

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 5:42pm

No more followup storylines for Poland?

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 5:58pm

Marshall Kustrzeba is dying of cancer so it could explain in sim terms the possible changes in Poland's foreign policy if a new player appears.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 7:50pm

I'm minorly interested in Brazil, but I am leery of jumping into an existing war which I know little about.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 7:54pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
I'm minorly interested in Brazil, but I am leery of jumping into an existing war which I know little about.

The evil South African Empire is trying to crush the valiant defenders of freedom in South America after initiating a cruel and illegal blockade. What more do you want to know? Join the forces of Argentina and Brazil and Italy and Mexico???? in repelling this latest invasion.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Red Admiral" (Feb 21st 2008, 7:55pm)

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 8:00pm

The Evil warmongering empire of Brazil has, after attempting to steal yet another peice of Bolivia, and rob Paraguay, invaded the bountiful countryside of our kin in Grand Uraguay.

While Brazil has corrupted the noble Argentinians into joining them, ultimately they are fighting a loosing war against the staunch South Afrikan defenders.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 8:19pm

well id have taken Poland, but im just a wee bit leery about it now for some reason.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 8:19pm

I'm still kinda new here, and this is of course a partially uneducated guess, but I don't remember S. Afrika owning Uruguay or parts of Brazil and Argentina. Therefore, I'm lead to believe that the Brazo-Argentine alliance is the "good guys" (if there are ever REALLY good guys in war) in this little dust up. I'll dig into the news and make a more informed decision later.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 8:23pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Sachmle
I'm still kinda new here, and this is of course a partially uneducated guess, but I don't remember S. Afrika owning Uruguay or parts of Brazil and Argentina. Therefore, I'm lead to believe that the Brazo-Argentine alliance is the "good guys" (if there are ever REALLY good guys in war) in this little dust up. I'll dig into the news and make a more informed decision later.

It's on the Big-Ass Map.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 8:26pm

Exactly my point. When did S. Afrika colonize/conquer parts of S. America? Did they buy it from the Iberians while it was still their colonies, or did they buy it from Argentina/Brazil, or did they take it?

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 8:32pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Sachmle
Exactly my point. When did S. Afrika colonize/conquer parts of S. America? Did they buy it from the Iberians while it was still their colonies, or did they buy it from Argentina/Brazil, or did they take it?

AFAICT from the archives, it's been in the SAE for quite some time, though it's origin has rather eluded me.

Edit: Found it. Uragauy was colonized by the SAE:

Quoted

~1882 - Colony in Uruguay (historical boundaries) established

Quoted

~1892 - Cease fire in South America, boundaries fixed as on Wes´ map

So Brazil and Argentina are trying to overturn borders that have held for 43 years, it looks like.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Feb 21st 2008, 8:36pm)

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 9:01pm

Argentina and Brazil are the good guys... trust me!! :D

[Just ignore the crazy cattle baron/arms trader/pirate financier D'Silva on the lose somewhere in Europe, mysterious secret police chief "Chico" and the rumours of annexing Paraguay]

Kaiser Kirk

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 9:37pm

There was a long thread about South American history, and I could have sworn that history got rewritten to move South Afrika's presence much further back in time.

All I really remember is that to 'do my part' to lay the background I added a bit to my WW Dutch history.

1630 - 1640s

Dutch take lands on Brazil's northwestern coast as New Holland and settle lands across the river from Spanish colony at Buenos Ares as the New Flanders (Plate) Colony.

Anything after that is not my business, but Hooman's.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Feb 21st 2008, 9:41pm)

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 9:41pm

....I have a business?!? o.O

You must have misread me. I said I´m busy - that´s why it takes so long to write stories! ;o)

Kaiser Kirk

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 9:42pm

oh shoot, we were not going to tell you until the back taxes came due..

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 10:15pm

Huh. So now after learning that, I come to the understanding that I still want the SAE to win.

Hence I'd probably have a bit of a problem playing Brazil, now, wouldn't I...

Friday, February 22nd 2008, 12:49am

Hrm. I was looking up Brazil's infrastructure and discovered they only have seven factories - that was a bit of a surprise, I thought it'd be a bit higher than that.

As I said, I am still interested in playing Brazil, but dropping me into the middle of a war is probably not the best idea. Did you decide beforehand who was going to win it? The last war news I saw was from April...

Friday, February 22nd 2008, 3:14am

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
well id have taken Poland, but im just a wee bit leery about it now for some reason.

Oh I dunno I think it would work out ok. As Perdedor said, the leadership will soon cange so if you want to warm relations with some nations or change something you have the opertunity.

Friday, February 22nd 2008, 6:32am

Well if no one else shows an interest in taking on "our troublesome friends, the Poles," then I suppose I could take Poland. Btw, the quote is one of Woodrow Wilson's from Paris 1919, and I think its pretty accurate. :D

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 10:07pm

So if no one's shown any interest in Poland can I play Poland as well?