You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

howard

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 8th 2008, 6:35pm

Now interested in playing a small nation.

Any suggestions for the small nation to play?

H.

Tuesday, July 8th 2008, 7:00pm

I'm the caretaker of Philippines and I have pretty much set the construction for 1936. Up to the mods but I won't mind except I will post the rest of the 1936 SIM reports. After that you could design whatever you want.

Tuesday, July 8th 2008, 7:25pm

There's not many left.

Other possibilities:
Yugoslavia
Czechoslovakia
Yemen
Switzerland
Hungary

howard

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 8th 2008, 8:32pm

I would request to take over the Philippines at the appropriate time, provided that all considerations for all the interested parties are covered, that all current play in progress is resolved, and that the current players and mods agree.. If there is no objection I'll pick the Philippines up when permitted.

Til then thank you very much for your suggestions and attention and remember that HEBCO as always is ready to fill any order!

H.

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 1:14am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
There's not many left.

Other possibilities:
Yugoslavia
Czechoslovakia
Yemen
Switzerland
Hungary

You are having a laugh...........(I hope!!)

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 1:17am

Yugoslavia is off the table, but you can always take over Saudi Arabia.

...Yeah right. A half-factory and no slips!

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 2:41am

Why does no one ever mention Nepal, Tibet, Mongolia, Bolivia, Hungary or Paraguay? Oh yeah, lack of harbors.
There is always the Sultanate of Brunei !

I mean with Yemen you get Jumping Yemenis , but it's My Way or Paraguay.

Anyhow congrats on the Philippines, remember if your Filipino is ticking, RUN !

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Jul 9th 2008, 2:41am)

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 2:48am

Switzerland has a couple of lakes and some nasty gunboats. I have been tempted in the past to take over Switzerland, heck they even have some seagoing merchants!

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 2:48am

Isn't Siam awol again?

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 2:57am

Supposedly, yes.

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 3:07am

There's also Brazil.

Kaiser Kirk

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 3:24am

Fyrwulf came back...and then vanished again.
As for Carthaginian, he was with us until recently.
So I would not count Siam free yet.
Brazil... dunno. Plus it's in a war, so fairly demanding just now.

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 4:31am

The problem with Brazil is, as already stated its participating in a war, but you also have to consider that at this stage Hooman and Hood have to agree with the player elected.

You also have to consider that a country the size of Brazil really needs a more permanent player and someone who's aquainted with the various rules of the sim. Is Howard the man? I can't say just yet so for now I'd say a smaller nation would be a better fit.

Finally the last thing I want is for a new player to take Brazil and have to deal with some of the heavy critisism's that have been levied with reguards to how its being run "now".

Siam would seem to fit the bill due to its size, as would Yugoslavia and perhaps Yemen.

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 5:20am

Carthaginian

Has quit Navalism and seems to have disappeared here as well. He said that school is hectic and marriage is taking most of his free time. I'll e-mail him to see if he's still interested in Siam, but honestly I think he's probably done.

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 2:47pm

RE: Carthaginian

Quoted

Originally posted by Sachmle
Has quit Navalism and seems to have disappeared here as well. He said that school is hectic and marriage is taking most of his free time. I'll e-mail him to see if he's still interested in Siam, but honestly I think he's probably done.

Thanks, would appreciate knowing for sure!!

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 2:50pm

Yes, it would be very nice to know what's going on with him.

To you Howard, i would say, start with a small country, learn how the simulation goes and have fun ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "parador" (Jul 9th 2008, 2:52pm)

howard

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 4:16pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador
Yes, it would be very nice to know what's going on with him.

To you Howard, i would say, start with a small country, learn how the simulation goes and have fun ;)

The possibilities seem restricted to Siam and Yemen and maybe if I am a good guy maybe eventually the Philippines.

My frank staff assessment based on WW realities.

Yemen is a virtual fresh build start due to its poor resources and its a guaranteed battleground as soon as somebody decides to fight a proper naval war in the Indian Ocean. It will last exactly 20 minutes in such a naval war, even if declares neutrality. Its too valuable geographically to leave unmolested. I will NOT say how I would play Yemen.

Siam presents more interesting possibilities. Again we have a poor infrastructure, but the person who ran it, runs it, does a very good job with what he's been given.
Again I will not say how I would play Siam.

I'm particularly impressed with the way the previous players who simmed Siam tried to use what is a mostly obsolete tech tree and build a credible defense.

Brazil is a train wreck. I don't know who tried to sim it prior to the present owner, and meaning no disrespect to him, but you have to know your weight class before you get into the ring to box. It, too, looks like a virtual rebuild from the ground up. If I had been the Brazilian general staff in the late war from the news reports I read, I would have shot myself. In the rebuild I will NOT declare what I would do. The present simmers seem to have some different ideas from the previous player and I want to see what they do with their ideas. But I will leave a hint, due diplomatic balance and extreme naval caution now that you rebuild, are much better than arrogance and bravura.

The Philippines is an interesting proposition. The person running it now has done extremely well with the resources he inherited. I've PMed him and he's explained some of what he did. I can't find anything but praise for what he's done to this point. He's doing a good job. Again what I'd do, I will not comment, but I find it an attractive sim as a possible start.

Yugoslavia is off the table, but I will say this, the geography and WW threat set practically dictates no delusions of grandeur as seems to have been the case with Brazil. Small mission means small navy.

H.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "howard" (Jul 9th 2008, 4:19pm)

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 4:34pm

Yugoslavia is heading for oblivion, and oblivion is coming soon!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Earl822" (Jul 9th 2008, 4:34pm)

Kaiser Kirk

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 5:36pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Sachmle

That would be to bad, appreciate your checking on that.

However, if Siam is free, I certainly have no objections to Howard taking over. I even have some presents for the Siamese.

howard

Unregistered

Saturday, July 19th 2008, 7:37pm

Still awaiting news on Siam.

H.