You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 21st 2005, 8:37pm

Manila Evening Times - 31 December 1927

The Manila Evening Times
31 December 1927

A large crowd gathered this afternoon in front of the Goverment Offices in central Manila. Reportedly the group was protesting the "lack of choice" in the upcoming elections.

One protester was quoted as saying "so far, we have only two canidates running. One would continue the short-sighted policies of his predecessor, while the other would turn our country into an armed camp of belligerancy!"

Acting-Presidente Piña addressed the group, stating that "it is still a very long ways until the elections, I'm sure there will be other canidates announcing in the future."

Señor de Varga, his only opponent so far in next year's special election, said "It is deplorable that Presidente Piña allowed this to happen. Were Presidente Monastario still in office, this mob would have been dispersed before it even had a chance to assemble."

Colonel Moran of the Manila Constabulary stated that, "Although the group appeared to be mainly members of the Left-Wing orginisations from the seedy side of town, they were rather well-behaved, even when they were finally told to amscray."

Tuesday, June 21st 2005, 8:47pm

Quoted

while the other would turn our country into an armed camp of belligerancy!"

I need to start paying more attention. I thought this was the policy of both candidates.

Tuesday, June 21st 2005, 9:02pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Swamphen
Colonel Moran of the Manila Constabulary stated that, "Although the group appeared to be mainly members of the Left-Wing orginisations from the seedy side of town, they were rather well-behaved, even when they were finally told to amscray."

Would phillipino police chiefs really report in 'pig-latin'????

Tuesday, June 21st 2005, 9:25pm

Quoted

Would phillipino police chiefs really report in 'pig-latin'????

Why not? :-)

Tuesday, June 21st 2005, 10:26pm

Sounds like French elections; criminal or fascist?

Why do left-wingers live on the seedy side of town?

Tuesday, June 21st 2005, 10:42pm

Perhaps the viewpoint of the creator of the news article?

Wednesday, June 22nd 2005, 2:24am

"You should have a bad feeling about this"

...because this is just The Beginning of a rather...interesting storyline.

---

Quoted

I need to start paying more attention. I thought this was the policy of both candidates.

More so of one than the other. ;-)

---

Quoted

Would Filipino police chiefs really report in 'pig-latin'????

Again, why not? After all, they wouldn't be reporting in English, either... ^_^

---

Quoted

Quoted

Why do left-wingers live on the seedy side of town?

Perhaps the viewpoint of the creator of the news article?

More likely the personal view of Colonel Moran, methinks. However, every man has his price...

Wednesday, June 22nd 2005, 6:25am

Quoted

You should have a bad feeling about this...because this is just The Beginning of a rather...interesting storyline.

As long as it dosn't damage my own interests it shouldn't be a problem... ;-)

Wednesday, June 22nd 2005, 7:09pm

Quoted

More likely the personal view of Colonel Moran, methinks.

We all know that the Filipino reporters like to blow things up...
... wait a minute... that's not right!
:-)

Quoted

However, every man has his price...

What!? Did you "kidnap" The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase ase well!?!?
O_O