You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, September 12th 2011, 10:09pm

Polish 30 TP-1

Polish 30 TP-1 (mod.42/43)

This is basically an enlarged. upgunned and uparmored 14 TP-1 and shares many parts with it. The high velocity 57 mm gun is optimized for armor penetration. Moreover there are additional armor plates clinched on the hull front and on the turret.
As it is more complicated to produce and more expensive than the 14 TP-1 it will be produced in smaller quantaties and only delivered to some 'elite' units.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Monday, September 12th 2011, 10:20pm

That's quite good looking.

What would really be useful would be to develop a basic set of characteristics for such vehicles - weight, horsepower, speed, radius, crew size.

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 4:09pm

Nice looking tank and surely usefull for Poland.

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 8:58pm

Indeed nice looking, though I'm sure the Polish will quickly discover the folly of using bolt on armour plates if they ever find themselves in another conflict.

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 9:31pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Indeed nice looking, though I'm sure the Polish will quickly discover the folly of using bolt on armour plates if they ever find themselves in another conflict.

Applique armour isn't a bad idea, actually.

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 10:42pm

Bolting it on isn't the answer though as it creates weak spots not only in the aplique armour plates added but the orriginal armour as well. The Russians discovered that with their KV-1's modified with aplique armour. The bolt holes weakened the turret sides so that several consecutive large caliber hits would shatter the turret sides.

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 11:03pm

I didn't consider these drawbacks of a boltet applique armor....but I will upgrade this only after the tank is battle-tested... such littledesign flaws add realism in my opinion.

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 9:12am

Agreed, and to some extent if the aplique armour is the difference between several consecutive large caliber hits and only one larger caliber hit it may be enough to give it a chance to hit back.