You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, November 6th 2011, 7:49pm

Gun removal cost

I posit a question for the board;

I currently have the 5 Hawkins class cruisers in reserve, pending conversion or disposal.

I'm also considering some projects that would utilize their surplus 7.5" guns (Whether converted or disposed of, most or all of those guns will be removed).

Should Canada decide to do the projects using the guns for another project before the conversions of the Hawkins themselves, would their be any problem? My contention would be that unbolting the guns wouldn't really 'cost' anything, making such a process feasible, and any ancilliary costs would be covered by the cost of the other project's refit costs.

Thoughts?

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 12:17am

I intended to wait a bit before chiming in on this to see if there were any other comments, but since there haven't been any yet...

I do not see any major issues with removing the guns without cost, particularly if those guns are deck mounts or hoist mounts. I think it might be a bit more difficult to remove a turret-and-barbette gun, though. Perhaps we could say it's free to remove guns, so long as they're mount-and-hoist or deck mounts, and so long as the guns are not removed and then added back on later for no cost.