You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 11th 2004, 5:00pm

port building

As you all may well know i am currently constructing a type 3 port in Modagishu, Italian East Africa. In a news article i mentioned that 3 ships of the Regina Elana class are to make an articifial reef/breakwater there. Could this be reflected in the points that need to used to complete the port?
At the moment i need 8.0pts to complete, could i then knock off 1 or 2 pts to reflect the beaching of those afforementioned ships?

I don't really mind either way, but obviouslykncoking 1 or 2 pts off makes it easier for me to complete the port.

Friday, March 12th 2004, 1:10am

Possibly

Each infrastructure point is equal to 10,000 tons of warship construction materials, but sinking big rocks or chunks of concrete is more cost-effective than using steel. I'd support trimming the expense by a point or so.

Saturday, March 13th 2004, 9:34am

If no one has any problems then i'll remove 1.5pts in Q3.

Saturday, March 13th 2004, 11:48am

I like your idea on how to get rid of your ships. I myself have no objections with that...
(as long as they stay there that is)

Walter

Saturday, March 13th 2004, 6:42pm

Very D-Day-esque!
And it sounds like a very practical idea.
So is the new port in Modagishu to be renamed Mulberry?

Saturday, March 13th 2004, 7:13pm

Quoted

(as long as they stay there that is)

They only have 3" guns and 2 boilers anyway.

I'm just going to sink them and make a mole.

Saturday, March 13th 2004, 7:41pm

IHPS (instant harbor protection system)

Can you keep those 3 inchers above the water? You could use them as harbor defense then.

Walter

Saturday, March 13th 2004, 8:32pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Can you keep those 3 inchers above the water? You could use them as harbor defense then.

Walter

Not a bad idea that!
I have a picture somewhere of a british squad manning an A/A gun on a sunken ship in Alexandria harbour!
In "shorts" of course!

Saturday, March 13th 2004, 9:32pm

I personally think that if we do allow points to be shaved off with sunken ships I would think that .5 points per 10,000 tons would seem reasonable. I just have this reservation that it will become the norm in building practice. I'd be Interested in Hoo's opinion on this idea before I decide completely.

Saturday, March 13th 2004, 10:54pm

I was putting 1.5pts into the port purely because the infrastructure rules only allow 1.5pts per project per quarter. And yes i'm also waiting for Hooman to shoot me down in flames ;)

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, March 14th 2004, 12:01am

Ladies and Gentlemen! Here he is!

HEY!

What the hell are you guys thinking of me?! "Shoot me down in flames" ?!?!? 8o0

To be serious: I have no problem with it as long as we (you) define a general rules, we all agree on it and insert it into the infrastructure rules.

0,5pts per 10kts seems too much. 0,5pts equal 5kts of material. I vote for 0,5pts when sinking 20kts of warship material. That´s four times as much as one would get by using a factory. You know, sinking a vessel should never be as effective as building a well constructed harbour with concret etc.

Regards,

HoOmAn - The Blaster of Players

Sunday, March 14th 2004, 1:23am

New title Hoo? "Blaster of players"? Glad I'm a moderator!

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, March 14th 2004, 11:34am

Aren´t you a player too?

(And I´m really not interested in any (new) titles...)