You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 28th 2004, 8:20am

SpringStyle vs. Springsharp

Gentlemen

something that has been bothering me for a while now:

some of us are using springsharp, some springstyle. They already give somewhat different results, this will get worse when SpringSharp 3 gets out.

Any thoughts?

BTW I'll happily assist anybody who has issues installing SpringSharp

Wednesday, April 28th 2004, 10:51pm

I've used springstyle in the past, but will eventually transition to Springsharp. Just gotta get around to it.

J

Thursday, April 29th 2004, 1:22am

I started with Springstyle, and moved to Springsharp. When the next version comes out I'll simply upgrade ,baring any complications that is.

Friday, April 30th 2004, 2:41pm

Lo and behold, I was able to launch 'sharp on a computer where I was staying last night.

I replicated a carrier, battleship, and destroyer that I've simmed in 'style, and didn't notice any profound differences in the output so long as the bugs weren't acting up. However, I was either having a bad night or the version I have is somewhat buggy - things like my seaboat ratings were all over the place, which annoyed me.

So for the moment, I think I'll probably use 'sharp to settle on a "beta" design, then run it through 'style to proof it.

J