You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, January 9th 2005, 5:15pm

Commanding Officers

A list of COs for every ship of the Marina de Filipinas is now up in the encyclopedia.

Whew!

Anyone else care to try to do it? ;)

Sunday, January 9th 2005, 7:02pm

I will see if I can do something, but it will be a lot of work. At least I have the most important officers in the OOB list.

Sunday, January 9th 2005, 7:36pm

Lemme guess, Swamphen

Since the Jags didn't make the playoffs, you're finding yourself with PLENTY of free time...
:-})

Sunday, January 9th 2005, 7:37pm

I'd need a much better source of information on the Chilean Navy to get that much detail.

Sunday, January 9th 2005, 9:19pm

Won't do anything similar right now, Atlantis is waaaaay to large and I need more info on Turkish names, and some of their existing captains at the time.

Sunday, January 9th 2005, 9:50pm

Quoted

Since the Jags didn't make the playoffs, you're finding yourself with PLENTY of free time...:-})

Hee hee hee! That and having run into the problem that SpringSharp doesn't do ships post-1950...

For additional ships, I'm going to have to use a source other than Zorro. The best page (the one I sourced pix from before) is Gone with the Web :( , and the "backup" doesn't have much detail...but I got enough names (characters, actors and combinations of the two) to fill up to the 10th MAS boat, had to take the next 10 from the 1990 Zorro series...and I used up all of those names that I found...

Sunday, January 9th 2005, 10:38pm

I would be happy to emulate such a feat, but you'll have to wait until I'm retired. Say, 2023.

Until then, you'll see names only as I need them for news articles...

Thursday, January 13th 2005, 9:35pm

I am crazy enough to do it and it took me a couple of evenings. The end result can be found here.
There are a number of real life officers in that list taken from the page here. With a couple of exceptions, all the commanders are made up by taking several hundreds of names from that page and shift the names around a bit.
I guess I need to cut down on the number of ships. There are 450+ names on that list (442 captains and commanders for the ships, 34 vice admirals and rear admirals, and 3 admirals).

Thursday, January 13th 2005, 10:03pm

Pity your officers haven't as good names as their ships. I was looking forward to see who was commanding IJN Dr. Uranium Balance :)

Thursday, January 13th 2005, 11:03pm

I would end up being taken away by the men in white if I were to create every officer's name by myself. I used the easy way to get those names.
As for the U. Balance, I guess its science officer would be Lt. Commander Aruberutu Ainsutain (= Albert Einstein (more or less)).