You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 16th 2003, 10:24pm

Lord Arpad-El Cid

Are you building the El Cid class as cruisers or capital ships?

Tuesday, June 17th 2003, 1:10am

Well,

before the Treaty they were cruisers, now they are capital ships. Also only the first of class is being built, the rest is cancelled.

cheers

Bernhard

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, June 17th 2003, 9:55am

Santa Maria class

What about your 18kts Santa Maria-class "cruisers"?

They also have to be rated as capitals now, though, like everything else exceeding 13kts....

Tuesday, June 17th 2003, 10:11am

Absolutely,

my capital units are:

4 Carlos V
4 Portugal
3 Santa Maria
1 El Cid

cheers

Bernhard

Tuesday, June 17th 2003, 7:33pm

cool

The treaty limits Iberia to 12 capital ships and a total tonnage of 360,000 tons last time i checked. You have the maximum number of hulls but i'm assumeing you have quite abit of tonnage to spare!

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, June 17th 2003, 8:15pm

Hmmm....

So there goes the Navarra-class...

Too bad, I´d like to see that 5 screw design to live on. :o) The idea of a reci-engine on the center screw (were others tried Diesels) was/is a nice one even if not very economic.

What was the reason behind this layout btw?

Tuesday, June 17th 2003, 8:17pm

Indeed

Quoted

The treaty limits Iberia to 12 capital ships and a total tonnage of 360,000 tons last time i checked. You have the maximum number of hulls but i'm assumeing you have quite abit of tonnage to spare!

With 12 ships he's almost at 305,000 tons so he's got something like 55,000 tons left. It would be a waste to scrap some of those ships, but it is also a waste not to use the remaining 55,000 tons.

Walter

Friday, July 11th 2003, 4:02pm

Quoted

What was the reason behind this layout btw?

Well, you were there when I came up with that. 4 screws for 2 geared turbines. due to reliability issues with the turbines a triple expansion reciprocating engine had to be added. and the navarras are being converted into carriers, mazbe with diesels on that screw ;-)

Quoted

but it is also a waste not to use the remaining 55,000 tons

well, with the capital ship building holiday that's the way it's going to be for the next 10 years.

Bernhard

Friday, July 11th 2003, 10:04pm

Ditto for Atlantis

Atlantis despite losing its three oldest ships (allowed to be retained before the 2nd and 3rd units of the Vengeance class got the go ahead for conversion to carriers), Atlantis cannot replace them untill such time as they were permited to be replaced if they were still in the fleet. The up side to this is that I can consentrate on my cruiser shortage and improve my destoyer fleet as well. The time between the Melampus class BB's and the next class of ships will be sufficient enough to incorperate new technology that Atlantis plans on developing as well as improve on the preveous design.