You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, December 22nd 2004, 12:50am

a White Christmas...in Florida?!

Quoted

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE

(yadda, yadda, yadda deleted)

.LONG TERM...(FRI-TUES) THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE FOR THE LONG TERM FORECAST IS THE POSSIBLE FROZEN PRECIP EVENT ON FRIDAY NIGHT. A LOW DEVELOPS IN THE CENTRAL GULF AND INJECTS MOISTURE INTO THE EASTERN GULF COAST WHILE A COLD AIR MASS SETTLES INTO THE REGION. FAVORABLE THICKNESS VALUES ARE SITUATED TO THE NORTH OF CWA...WHILE MOST OF THE MOISTURE WILL BE TO THE SOUTH. WILL GO WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN, AND A POSSIBILITY OF LIGHT SNOW OR ICE PELLETS OVERNIGHT FRIDAY AND INTO EARLY SATURDAY.

Seeing is believing...but for now, it's Hope: Population 1.

Wednesday, December 22nd 2004, 6:57am

Buy those Florida oranges now!

Wednesday, December 22nd 2004, 6:02pm

"Forida: The Sunshine State"
*crosses out the above line*
"Florida: the Snow-covered State"
:-)
Here in Holland it will probably be the Usual Christmas meaning cloudy skies and rain and a temperature of 5-8 degrees Celsius (which I guess is 38-43 Farenheit)

Thursday, December 23rd 2004, 2:41am

Snow

A couple days ago, a schoolfriend told my daughter (7) that if she put on her pajamas inside out and danced on the table, it would snow. Minutes later, we had a flurry that actually stuck to the ground for a while. She is in no mood to listen to me explain what the word "coincidence" means. :)

Thursday, December 23rd 2004, 6:04am

Your daughter has quite a gift Stuart.

Thursday, December 23rd 2004, 2:47pm

Da latest

.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN POSSIBLY MIXING WITH FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S. NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.
.CHRISTMAS DAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN POSSIBLY MIXING WITH FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET IN THE MORNING. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.

Ve shall see.

Sunday, December 26th 2004, 3:53am

While Brownsville, Texas got their first accumulation of snow since February 1895 (1/2 inch!), and there was sleet reported only ~20mi north of us, we only got rain...all steenkin' day. :(

"Curses! Foiled again!"

Sunday, December 26th 2004, 9:27am

Perhaps you should move north of the border, Swamphen. That way you would have no hurricanes bothering you and a greater chance to experience a white Christmas.

Sunday, December 26th 2004, 11:00am

At the moment in the middle of England I cannot tell what is sky, and what is ground, as they are both very very white.

Sunday, December 26th 2004, 11:07am

Sun is shining with some coulds here and there and no white stuff around. The only things white around here that I can see are the desk I am behind, the pages of the books and a few other things.
At least it is not raining.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, December 26th 2004, 11:34am

It´s all grey in Frankfurt....

Sunday, December 26th 2004, 11:37am

All grey and no white I guess.
Welcome to the "We haven't got a white Christmas" club.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, December 26th 2004, 11:38am

No, it just remains grey....

The whole world seems grey to me for days now. No sun, no snow, no joy....

Sunday, December 26th 2004, 11:41am

Well, at least I have the sun. Wish I could send it over to your region to make your world a little bit less grey.

Sunday, December 26th 2004, 11:48am

Sun? what sun? all I can see is whiteness.

Sunday, December 26th 2004, 12:31pm

You know that big, bright, yellow, radiant pancake that has been pinned to the skies above should be there somewhere beyond the whiteness of your world. Unless God accidentally knocked it from the skies when he thried to grab his pillow that fell from Heaven.

Sunday, December 26th 2004, 5:33pm

Quoted

Welcome to the "We haven't got a white Christmas" club.

Ah'm dreamin', of ah - White Christmas;
Just like the ones Ah've nevah known...

Here is a place that's more my style!!

Sunday, December 26th 2004, 5:36pm

Welcome to California, where there are places that do not know snow and the tempurature reached 60 degrees F with the sun shining enough for a cat to warm itself in the window.