You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 25th 2004, 1:35am

The Seven Seas - The journal of the K.D.M. Naval Academy

June 30th, 1923

As is customary at the end of the class year, we turn over the editorial to the Commanding Officer of the Academy, Commodore Magnussen.

Gentlemen, It is that time of year again, when the senior class get assigned to their respective vessels for the conclusion of their training. In previous years the policy of the have seen the cadets split up between the fleets cruisers, but that policy has been changed due to the increased demands placed upon the cruisers.

Despite the rumours of the class being assigned to the destroyer groups, I can assure you that your feet will be staying a little dryer than that! And so, without further ado, it gives me great pleasure to announce the alloctation of training berths for the senior class. For the forseeable future, the Academy has been given access to the flagship of the fleet, K.D.M. Copenhagen. The entire class are to be included in the ships company for the next 12 months, before their passing out, and posting to the fleet.

This arrangement will allow the Academy to ensure that the high standards it expects from it's students are maintained, and that the K.D.M. can continue to to expect the best from it's newest officers.

Gentlemen, Iwish you luck with and in your new posting, and charge you to look after "The Old Girl", because I have fond memories of my time spent aboard her, and heaven help the man who allows her to came to harm!

Dum spiro servo

Commodore O.Magnussen

Friday, June 25th 2004, 1:53am

The Seven Seas - The journal of the K.D.M. Naval Academy

The first Cadet cruise of the K.D.M. Copenhagen has been finalised. After leaving Copenhagen on the 15th of August, she will conduct a short circuit of the Baltic, followed by courtesy calls to The Irish Free State, U.S.A., Atlantis, Guinea Bissau, Iberia ( in time for the second Inter-Academy Soccer Tournament), Italy and home by way of The Netherlands.

The light cruiser Falster will accompany Copenhagen on the voyage.

Friday, June 25th 2004, 4:09am

Very interesting indeed, the govt. of Atlantis is looking forward to the visit. I suppose Illisus in the south on the island of Lyra will be the primary stop in Atlantis, or will there be frequent stops along the west coast?

Friday, June 25th 2004, 10:22am

Assuming all goes well and there are no delays,yes, otherwise the visit may have to be cut short in order to make it to Iberia fot the Tournament!