You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, March 12th 2004, 8:18pm

Italian fleet is completed!

In the infrastructure board there is a thread labelled "Italian Ships" that i'll use to post details for everything. It is now complete with stats and pictures for nearly every vessel.

I particularly like Francesco Morosini and Aries, although the Leone DL is also very nice.

The thread will be updated every so often.

Friday, March 12th 2004, 8:34pm

I was wondering if you had also simmed that floating battery lying next to the Francesco Caracciolo.
:-)
Nice collection, BTW.

Walter

Tuesday, May 25th 2004, 3:17pm

I've updated the pictures of all my destroyers. They are much nicer now, and have better scaled guns and torpedoes.

Tuesday, June 22nd 2004, 3:49pm

FL and SX class Frigates/submarines added.

Pictures updated, a few specs slightly changed.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, June 22nd 2004, 4:28pm

Well done!

Really nicely put, RA.

I wish I could do similar... Maybe in the future...

Some nitpicking, though. The ARIES-class ships seem to have a hangar aft below deck. Beg your pardon but I doubt this to be possible.

For a hangar you need a height of at least 4,5m - 4,8m (assuming a small floatplane) or about two decks.

Looking at your side view there seems to be enough height but when taking into account that the hull will be cut away aft to allow for the rudder and screw installment there won´t be enough room. Especially if you also consider rudder machinery including box-like armor or/and the armored deck to extend aft to protect the rudder machiners. There are also scuttles visible aft making me believer there are some kind of crew compartement (many navies if not all had them aft on their ships) further reducing hull space.

While I´m at it, I also wonder if a crane is missing amidships allowing the boats to be lowered and lifted...

However, you´ve really done a good job.

Regards,

HoOmAn

Tuesday, June 22nd 2004, 5:00pm

I've altered RM Aries to allow for a crane amidships. She is just a single vessel. She does/will have 3 newer sister ships with new pattern 10" guns and turreted secondaries. These are the Ulysses class. There is a picture in this thread. However the specs are wrong. I prefer the look of Ulysses to Aries due to the raked funnels and shorter superstructure.

I was going to use the Maachi M.18 flying boat.

17m span, 10.9m long and 3.66m high

I reckon it will be fairly close, but it should be able to fit in at a pinch. I think the wings would need to be taken off however, so it isn't going to be a quick launch/recovery.

Some details can be found here under the 1922 section.

And there is a picture with the M.18 mounted on a MAS da 38m here a little bit down the page.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, June 22nd 2004, 5:48pm

I see...

Looking at the picture and the man crawling on her I can hardly believe her height of only 3,66m...?! Are you sure this is the right picture?

How to train the turrets amidship on Ulysses?

Cheers,

HoOmAn

Tuesday, June 22nd 2004, 8:24pm

Man? Where do you see a man?

Tuesday, June 22nd 2004, 8:29pm

It could be a man but I'm pretty sure that it is a machine gun on a flexible mounting.

I need to cut down the superstructure a little for Ulysses as well...

Just realised I got the dimensions wrong as well. It should actually be;

15.8 x 9.75 x 3.25

250hp engine 1000km range 1 MG crew of 3

Sunday, July 11th 2004, 10:42pm

Updated thread again. Changed pictures of capital ships and changed the specs a little during conversion to metric.

Next it's turning destroyers into metric...