You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, January 21st 2008, 9:34pm

Persian Empire Q3 1935

Koroush looked we disgust at map, how could the glory that had been Persia have been turned into this? But soon very soon Armenia and Azerbaijan would be returned to the embrace of Persia. A knock on the door announced the arrival of the Prime minister, as he entered the Prime minister
threw a quick glance at the map table and new that His Highness would be in a foul mood.

Koroush nodded to the Prime minister and said: I assume that you have done what I have asked of you?

- Yes Highness, the General Staff have been busy with drawing up proposals for a new army organization and surveying the state of our equipment needs. The Prime minister hesitated slightly befor throwing another glance at map and said: Highness Armenia and Azerbaijan are firmly in Russias orbit and it might be unwise to poke the Bear.

- Russia is more and more fixated on the Baltics, but don´t worry I know that our army is not ready yet...But back to business can the treasury fund a rearming of the army with a standard rifle and standardized artillery?

- It can Highness but it would be exhausted if you wish us to continue the expansion of the Navy unless you would reconsider terminating the foreigners oil concessions

- We have had this discussion before, Koroush gave the Prime minister a grin and then continued: As my dear nephew noted the foreigners have the right to extract and sell the oil but nowhere is it said that they can take the oil out of Persia. What I need of you is to sound out our friends about what they think. You have my permission to leave.

To be continued

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Jan 22nd 2008, 12:07am)

Monday, January 21st 2008, 10:02pm

Oh S**T! better get my troop carriers ready. You know Armenia and Azerbaijan have a treaty with Russia?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jan 21st 2008, 10:04pm)

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, January 21st 2008, 10:13pm

More importantly,
a fight there will be far away from any Dutch lands !

Monday, January 21st 2008, 10:49pm

Hmmmmm, SATSUMA vs FAR that still seems like it will move near Dutch territory, even Nordish!

This may be a another little spark, it could be nothing but an attack on the bear is bound to stir the pot.

Especially if China teamed up with SATSUMA?

Monday, January 21st 2008, 11:23pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Earl822
Especially if China teamed up with SATSUMA?

China's a member of SATSUMA......

Kaiser Kirk

Monday, January 21st 2008, 11:31pm

Persia-India-China-Japan = PICJ !!
ok that made little sense

still they would be formidable for the Bear, though the terrain and infrastructure would limit their capability to support troops at a "front". I'm sure the help that German advisors gave first India, and now China would help them wring more combat effectiveness from each ton of supplies.

And yes, a fight between SATSUMA and FAR would likely be uncomfortable or worse for the Dutch.. or any power for that matter. Especially since I'm all out of popcorn.

Oh- and "terminating the foreigners oil concessions" is just bound to please the Brits.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Jan 21st 2008, 11:32pm)

Monday, January 21st 2008, 11:57pm

Out of popcorn? Nooo!!! ;(

Hmm... the Bear, the Bull, and the Frog vs the Dragon, the (insert weird monster here), and the Tiger. Looks interesting.

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 12:28am

Quoted

the (insert weird monster here)

Rune Gust of course!!

... the monster that Japan released upon this world. :D

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 12:46am

Good thing some people in Canada found this nifty green dagger that plays music...

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE BUBBLING WATERS IN TOKYO BAY, WALTER~ :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ShinRa_Inc" (Jan 22nd 2008, 12:46am)

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 1:22am

Not quite

Quoted

You know Armenia and Azerbaijan have a treaty with Russia?

Armenia does.

Azerbaijan does not.

But then, neither did Lithuania, until her government had grounds to worry about Lithuania's territorial integrity...

I knew there was a reason I just grew my Army to 2.9 million...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AdmKuznetsov" (Jan 22nd 2008, 1:24am)

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 2:56am

Turkey would be quite concerned about Shi'a army's invading territory's along its borders.

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 3:26am

OOC: If Russia sits idly while Azerbaijan is conquered we could support a move there as long as Russia sits back. IMO it seems Russia is courting Persia, no problem there because even the British will not look this with godo eyes.

On the other hand nationalization could cause problems to Satsuma's oil supplies and we don't want that. Maybe raise the taxes to the companies extracting the oil, a good way to acquire revenue for new weapons.

On the other hand if Persia wants to expand while not look to the other side of the Gulf. The Sunni's in Saudi Arabia have being a pest for a while and maybe is time they get their ass spank by some Shiite fighters. Of course the religious implications will be enormous indeed.

Kaiser Kirk

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 3:37am

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99On the other hand if Persia wants to expand while not look to the other side of the Gulf. The Sunni's in Saudi Arabia have being a pest for a while and maybe is time they get their ass spank by some Shiite fighters. Of course the religious implications will be enormous indeed.

OOC : 1) now that the DMZSBD is in power, I was going to be arming the Saudis shortly anyhow, 2) I guess India doesn't feel she did enough of a job in the Asir-Saud war, 3) Oh goodie, a proxie fight :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Jan 22nd 2008, 3:37am)

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 4:42am

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
OOC: If Russia sits idly while Azerbaijan is conquered we could support a move there as long as Russia sits back. IMO it seems Russia is courting Persia, no problem there because even the British will not look this with godo eyes.

On the other hand if Persia wants to expand while not look to the other side of the Gulf. The Sunni's in Saudi Arabia have being a pest for a while and maybe is time they get their ass spank by some Shiite fighters. Of course the religious implications will be enormous indeed.

Indeed, previous Turkish support for India would quickly errode of they ally themselves with a Shi'a state AND invade a Sunni state.

I doubt Russia would sit idly as a border state is conquered by a SATSUMA state. Turkey DEFINATELY would not sit idle as Shi'a army's ran roughshod over fellow Sunni's. At this point Turkey is European oriented and isolationist but not to the point of egnoring the plight of fellow Sunni's.

In reguards to India's war with Saudi Arabia its a case of fellow Sunni's egnoring the LON mandate of Asir and reaping the war they sowed, however tough it was to swallow as fellow Sunni's were defeated. In the case of Iran invading border states it would be read as a theocratic threat, Shi'a's attempting to regain control over Sunni's in the region. More so if Iran finds themselves in a conflict with Saudi Arabia.

The regional political implications of such moves would definately be enormous.

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 1:12pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99

Indeed, previous Turkish support for India would quickly errode of they ally themselves with a Shi'a state AND invade a Sunni state.

I doubt Russia would sit idly as a border state is conquered by a SATSUMA state. Turkey DEFINATELY would not sit idle as Shi'a army's ran roughshod over fellow Sunni's. At this point Turkey is European oriented and isolationist but not to the point of egnoring the plight of fellow Sunni's.

In reguards to India's war with Saudi Arabia its a case of fellow Sunni's egnoring the LON mandate of Asir and reaping the war they sowed, however tough it was to swallow as fellow Sunni's were defeated. In the case of Iran invading border states it would be read as a theocratic threat, Shi'a's attempting to regain control over Sunni's in the region. More so if Iran finds themselves in a conflict with Saudi Arabia.

The regional political implications of such moves would definately be enormous.

Indeed. We could not directly enter the conflict except as maybe logistical support. But I can see support for India in Turkey slowly eroding.

In case of Azerbaijan it seems to me by the comment by the Russians that indeed they are giving a tacit nod in regard to the region, in maybe an exchange of a growing influence in the development of the Persian military. While India doesn't look with good eyes a Russian influence as long that influence doesn't exceeds Satsuma's as long as our oil supplies are not under threat we consider that what Persia does is their own affair. This is something even we can agree with the British. :rolleyes:

And as we said in the past paragraph. If the Saudis create an international confrontation with Persia (hint for cause bellis) what we could do but to give limited support to our ally. We extended our hand to Turkey and they refused but we are supposed to ignore a firm ally?

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 2:21pm

Perhaps the SATSUMA players need to have a quiet side-conversation about overall strategy before committing to specific adventures...

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 2:28pm

True.

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 4:24pm

Still no SATSUMA access...

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 4:31pm

Koroush started to ponder what to do about the Armay as soon as he was alone, the Army needed to standardize equipment but earlier missions had shown that the officers sent often were more interested in nightlife than arms.
So how about bringing the Arms manufacturers to Persia, a World exhibition for armies... That would have to do and it would help silince the whining of the Tabriz city fathers about not getting Imperial investments, of course replacing the current rifles would lead to alot of surplus guns these needed to be kept in responsible hands.
Thinking about it Koroush decided that the best use would to be the creation of a mandatory "School" Army, every Persian schoolboy would undergo military training as part of the curriculum. The oil question would also have to be solved before Persia could begin its stride to greatness, time to invite the British Ambassador for Tea.

WIP

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Jan 22nd 2008, 5:09pm)

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 4:38pm

Try accessing the SATSUMA board now...