You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, January 17th 2008, 7:57pm

NATO Press Release

15 July 1935

This is a general notice to all Western Caribbean maritime traffic interests.

On or about the 15th of December, the governments of the Empire of Atlantis, the Mexican Republic, the Commonwealth of Canada, the United Kingdom of Great Britain, and the United States of America will be conducting joint naval and air excersizes within the Yucatan Channel and the Gulf of Mexico for a period of no less than 1 week and no more than 2 weeks.

-Lester B. Pearson, Deputy Secretary General, North American Treaty Organization

Friday, January 18th 2008, 12:39am

Hmmm........

Just cause I can............

Denmark formally objects to Canada partacing in these proposed exercises due to there not being any Canadian territory in the region.

Timewarp mode engage
1 - Substitute Atlantis, USA, whoever, for Denmark.
2 - Substitute Canada for Italy.
3 - send back in time
Timewarp mode disengage

Friday, January 18th 2008, 1:03am

That didn't stop Italy. ;) Consider it payback time! :D

Friday, January 18th 2008, 1:11am

I don't recall Canada issuing any letters of formal protest or objection, or otherwise throwing a diplo-tantrum.

Actually, Canada has long-standing commonwealth obligations to the Caymans and other British territories, as well as a significant financial stake in the Mexican Canal.

Anyway, here's Canada's formal reply;

*raspberry sound*

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ShinRa_Inc" (Jan 18th 2008, 1:13am)

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, January 18th 2008, 2:52am

RE: Hmmm........

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green
Just cause I can............

Denmark formally objects to Canada partacing in these proposed exercises due to there not being any Canadian territory in the region.

Timewarp mode engage
1 - Substitute Atlantis, USA, whoever, for Denmark.
2 - Substitute Canada for Italy.
3 - send back in time
Timewarp mode disengage

Hmm, if you've already objected, what's Italy going to do for an encore?

Friday, January 18th 2008, 5:10am

Not to mention, unless I'm mistaken, Denmark does not have any territory in the region either.

In contrast the protests over Italian participation in exercizes in the Caribbean stemed over the VERY poor relations at the time as a result of the intimidation tactics of the AANM, led primarily by the Italians, vs the Mexicans.

If the Canadians were at anchor off the Danish coast shouting obsenity's and had fleets stationed in British ports on a semi-perminant basis, perhaps the Danish protests would have merit.

Friday, January 18th 2008, 10:47am

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
Hmm, if you've already objected, what's Italy going to do for an encore?

Undertake some exercises around the same time in the North Atlantic around Labrador....Well about 3miles away from Labrador...

Kaiser Kirk

Friday, January 18th 2008, 5:22pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Not to mention, unless I'm mistaken, Denmark does not have any territory in the region either.

Don't they hold some of the West Indies?

Friday, January 18th 2008, 5:27pm

Beats me, I thought the islands were either British, French or Iberian.

Friday, January 18th 2008, 5:37pm

Quoted

Beats me, I thought the islands were either British, French or Iberian.

Yes...
... except for the Danish Virgin Islands.
http://wolfsshipyard.mystarship.com/Misc…Big_Ass_Map.png

Friday, January 18th 2008, 6:11pm

*Shrugs* I wasn't aware that the historical U.S. Virgin Islands were acctually Danish.

That said, I'm still trying to put my finger on when Canadian/Danish relations went south enough that the Danes would protest a Canadian presence in the Caribbean. Now if it was the present day....

Friday, January 18th 2008, 7:16pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
Undertake some exercises around the same time in the North Atlantic around Labrador....Well about 3miles away from Labrador...

Good luck with that. :D

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ShinRa_Inc" (Jan 18th 2008, 7:57pm)

Friday, January 18th 2008, 7:58pm

I think we are missing the point here, the AANM set the bar for provocative exercises durring sensitive periods. Last I checked I didn't see any hyperbole dirrected at the AANM prior to the announcement of the exercises.

In the end, I think the Canadians summed it up nicely...

*raspberry sound*

Friday, January 18th 2008, 8:24pm

Shinra, regarding the

... note the bullseye on the left of the picture that indicates where one needs to drop the antimatter bomb for maximum damage to that facility. :D

Friday, January 18th 2008, 8:24pm

I don't know, we could always do the next excercise off Malta...

Friday, January 18th 2008, 9:46pm

The Virgin Islands are on the other side of the Caribbean from the exercise zone which is another canal defense and NATO coordination exercise. If anyone should be complaining it would be Iberia, but this is simply a defensive exercise so they have absolutely nothing what-so-ever to worry about. :D

Kaiser Kirk

Friday, January 18th 2008, 10:46pm

Yes, well RAM's not here right now, so CG seems to be stepping up to the plate :)

The Netherlands frankly doesn't care beyond her allies needlessly annoying folks that sit on Dutch trade routes.

Friday, January 18th 2008, 11:59pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
... note the bullseye on the left of the picture that indicates where one needs to drop the antimatter bomb for maximum damage to that facility. :D

I couldn't find any good pictures of Chandelier, so I settled for Stonehenge....

Chandelier is more of an offensive weapon anyway...

Saturday, January 19th 2008, 12:41am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Thanks Walter, for pointing out the DANISH VIRGIN ISLANDS!!!!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Commodore Green" (Jan 19th 2008, 12:43am)

Saturday, January 19th 2008, 12:57am

Danish-Canadian relations have been neutral except for the presumed private trade between companies.

The point is was making was that the statement I made is a ludicrous as all of NATO getting up in arms over the planned AANM exercises several years ago, all because of a single nations mental dribblings

Some people scream blue murder over a vessel having something that they believe to be out of time, out of character, or just appearently crazy; yet these same people have no problem with mental diahorea when it comes to politics.