You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, September 20th 2003, 11:00am

Petrograd: Morskoi Sbornik 4/8/21

Government of Russian Federation announce transfer of several major fleet units!

Analysis of characteristics of Battle Squadrons in Baltic and Black Seas have led to conclusion that 1st Battle Squadron (4x Petropavlovsk class) of Baltic Fleet should be transferred to Black Sea Fleet, while 2nd Battle Squadron (3x Imperitritsa Maria class and 1x Imperator Nikolai I class) of Black Sea Fleet should be transferred to Baltic Fleet.

Russian Federation Navy has concluded that higher speed of Petropavlovsk class (23 kts vs 21 kts) would be better utilized in more open Black Sea than it is in more constricted Baltic Sea.

Rear-Admiral Pavel Pavlovich Protopopov, commander of 1st Battle Squadron, has commented "I look forward to operating my fine squadron in Black Sea, where my ships can "streach their legs".

Simultaneous transfer will begin on 12 October 1921. Transfer will require 3 weeks, including time spent in ports during voyage. Ships of both squadrons will call at Brest, Clieto, Marseilles, and Constantinople, and any other port indicating they would be welcomed.

Saturday, September 20th 2003, 2:40pm

The Iberian Federation would like to invite the Russion fleet to stop over and replenish in Cadíz. Maybe joint maneuvers could be held....

Conte della Riva
Iberian Minister of the Navy