You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Doug Wise

Unregistered

Saturday, February 11th 2006, 7:39pm

Persian News, Q1 1930

January 7, 1930

To the governments of the Empire of India, the Republic of the Philippines, the Empire of Japan, the Kingdom of Chosen, and the Kingdom of Formosa.

From His Imperial Majesty, Shahanshah, Aryamehr, Reza Shah the Great.

For the purposes of bringing our great nations together, and to promote peace and unity among the many different peoples of Asia, the Empire of Persia requests admission into the South Asian Trade, Scientific Undertaking, and Military Accord.

Foreign Minister Mozaffer Tabatabaee

Saturday, February 11th 2006, 7:44pm

Why do I feel like dancing around in a circle singing "I don't get my oil from there" ?

And no, its not a mental condition after seeing Ireland claw back from 43-3 to 43-31 in 20mins.

Saturday, February 11th 2006, 7:50pm

Romanian trade Minister Office

And the price of oil is rising...excement.

Saturday, February 11th 2006, 9:00pm

Quoted

Why do I feel like dancing around in a circle singing "I don't get my oil from there" ?

Because you get your oil from Libya? Not sure how the Irish sporting figures into it, though, but "anything can happen in Wesworld".

In Character:

Quoted

9 January 1930

To: Mozaffer Tabatabaee, Foreign Minister, on behalf of His Imperial Majesty, Shahanshah, Aryamehr, Reza Shah the Great

From: Jal Kadharni, Foreign Minister, on behalf of the Raj

Dear Sir,

My government and that of the other SATSUMA contracting powers have received your message of two days ago. I am pleased to tell you that we will be convening a meeting on the eleventh of this month to vote on the matter of Persia's admission, as required under Article 2 of the Accord.

I will endeavour to advise you of the outcome of this vote at the earliest opportunity.

Sincerely,

Jal Kadharni

Doug Wise

Unregistered

Saturday, February 11th 2006, 9:08pm

January 8, 1930

Today former Captain Shapour Zahedi was named as the new Navy Minister by Prime Minister Mostowfi ol-Mamalek. Zahedi was appointed in response to the discovery last month that the previous Navy Minister had embezzled almost all of the funds designated for ship and infrastructure construction.

Doug Wise

Unregistered

Saturday, February 11th 2006, 9:40pm

January 9, 1930

The Deputy Foreign Minister was seen hurrying in his limousine to the airport so quickly today that it seemed he was being chased by the hounds of hell itself! He boarded His Majesty's private plane as quickly as possible, and soon the twin-engine craft was zooming into the sky. One can only wonder what is so important that the Deputy Foreign Minister is being granted the use of His Majesty's air transport!

Rumors have it that the plane is headed towards Europe to make an important industrial deal with an unknown nation. The most likely candidates appear to be Italy and France, since Foreign Minister Tabatabaee was engaging in discussions with both of the ambassadors of these nations earlier this week.

Saturday, February 11th 2006, 10:23pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral

And no, its not a mental condition after seeing Ireland claw back from 43-3 to 43-31 in 20mins.

Well if you danced around singing "I don't get my oil from there" durring the game, it would be percieved as a mental illness!

Sunday, February 12th 2006, 1:15am

Quoted

Well if you danced around singing "I don't get my oil from there" during the game, it would be perceived as a mental illness!

Especially if there were others in the room who had no idea what the hell you were talking about!

Didn't Churchill have the UK buy up much of the Persian oil fields or something like that before the QE's were built? I might just have to drill more wells in Texas and Oklahoma...*smiles greedily*

Sunday, February 12th 2006, 1:56am

And those Black Rubles are flowing...

from Baku, Perm, and North Sakhalin...

Sunday, February 12th 2006, 4:24am

Say, Walter...

Quoted

Originally posted by AdmKuznetsov

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

Sunday, February 12th 2006, 4:35am

Hope you talk to your trusty allie India first....they might fill you in on a few details that may effect your "pondering".

Sunday, February 12th 2006, 5:27am

No problem...

Quoted

Zitat:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ponder as much as you like, but bring cash. The oil's certainly for sale.

Unless you have something that can handle 900kg and 750kg shells....

Doug Wise

Unregistered

Sunday, February 12th 2006, 9:34am

January 10

It is certainly a busy month diplomatically for the Empire. Today it was announced that the Deputy Foreign Minister had indeed flown to a European country, and signed a non-aggression and trade pact with France. Tomorrow the SATSUMA members vote to see if Persia is to be admitted to the alliance, and one can only wonder whether the two events are related in any way.

Sunday, February 12th 2006, 9:40am

Quoted

Originally posted by Swamphen

Quoted

Japan is well aware of the Russian Oil Project on Sakhalin.

Quoted

Ponder as much as you like, but bring cash. The oil's certainly for sale.

Unless you have something that can handle 900kg and 750kg shells....

I have when the time comes...
... along with the occasional 7,100 kg donation of an incoming shell...

Sunday, February 12th 2006, 11:59am

Greece drilled a giant slant well under Asia Minor and has sucked most of the oil out from under the Middle East. It has been so successful that we have shelved our efforts to extract oil from our greasy ethnic minorities. ; )

Cheers,

Sunday, February 12th 2006, 12:02pm

Quoted

Do the Irish play cricket?

43-3 to 43-31? Someone is running a book on this... ; )

Cheers,

Sunday, February 12th 2006, 12:08pm

Rugby, m'boy. Specifically, the Six Nations match against France.

RLBH

Sunday, February 12th 2006, 12:16pm

Nice to see that England can loose more than just Cricket.

Six vs. France - does Admiral K. know about this?

Rugby - gotta love a sport where they tape their ears to their heads so that don't lose them. ; )

Cheers,

Sunday, February 12th 2006, 12:23pm

Quoted

Nice to see that England can lose more than just Cricket.

Actually we're on our way to the grand slam. A convincing victory over the welsh last week and a hard-fought win against Italy yesterday. Not much better than sitting in a bar with a pint watching a rugby match.

Quoted

Rugby - gotta love a sport where they tape their ears to their heads so that don't lose them. ; )

Or when you have players called "Hooker" and "Flanker"

Sunday, February 12th 2006, 12:34pm

Quoted

Actually we're on our way to the grand slam. A convincing victory over the welsh last week and a hard-fought win against Italy yesterday. Not much better than sitting in a bar with a pint watching a rugby match.

Seconded.

Quoted

Or when you have players called "Hooker" and "Flanker"

Found on a wall at Gordonstoun School:

Quoted

Support your local hooker. Play Rugby.

RLBH