You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 23rd 2007, 6:45pm

Half Factories

Quoted

1) Change the scale at which we divide our economies into "factories". A smaller "factory" would produce less material, but would take less material and time to construct, and it would pay itself off much sooner (that is, not the 20 years it takes currently).

For example, if we changed a factory from:

"A unit of industry costing 10 IP, that produces 1000 t or 0.1 IP per quarter"

to

"A unit of industry costing 5 IP that produces 500 t or 0.05 IP per quarter"

...then India would go from 11 to 22 factories, without actually changing its overall capability. What would change is that the allocation of factories between ship materials and infrastructure points could be fine-tuned. It would also mean that India could build its economy in many small steps rather than a few large leaps.

One could also scale at 1 to 4, 1 to 5, or 1 to 10 without the math getting complicated.

This is Rocky's proposal for smaller factories.

Tuesday, April 24th 2007, 4:57pm

It might be less confusing to go for 1/2 factories instead of changing the definition at this point.

E.g. a half factory (0.5) that produces 0.05IP or 500tons and requires 5IP to build.

Tuesday, April 24th 2007, 5:09pm

That's pretty much what I'm aiming for. Any objections to that?

Tuesday, April 24th 2007, 5:39pm

OK by Germany.

Tuesday, April 24th 2007, 7:11pm

It makes sense, especially for smaller countries.

Tuesday, April 24th 2007, 7:41pm

Works for me.

Tuesday, April 24th 2007, 11:51pm

Seems good to me. Just need Hoomans aproval.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, April 25th 2007, 7:12am

Acceptable to me.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, April 25th 2007, 9:01am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Seems good to me. Just need Hoomans aproval.

Why me?! Why always me?!? :rolleyes:

If half factory are handled like full factories, no extra rules, just everything halved - I´m fine.

Wednesday, April 25th 2007, 2:39pm

Well you are the other Mod!

I agree, if its simply halving what we have now its simple enough to implement.