You are not logged in.

Friday, December 10th 2010, 9:10pm

Ugh! and Yay!

Ugh!: I feel pretty rotten (fever) since noon yesterday. Might have been a bit delusional when I wrote the JOC bit yesterday but at least it made things interesting. :) I was stupid enough to go to work today and it was torture with the terrible music on the radio but somehow I managed to survive.

Yay!: Took the rest of the year off. No need to worry about work or all the horrible crap commercial Christmas music on the radio or those glittered roses for the next three weeks. I will also be leaving for Paris on Sunday for about a week. :)

For all the extra work I do on Saturdays, public holidays and whenever I work more than 8 hours on one day, I don't get paid in money but I get hours in lieu (IIRC from what Rocky told me some time ago). They get spent first before the free days I get each year (26). To give an indication how much extra I worked, I went to the Air Show at Gilze Rijen (2 days off), Paris (6 days off), London (2 days off) and Canada (26 days off) and the occasional day here and there in between. After Canada I still hadn't used any of those 26 days I get each year! o_O Even with a further week off and a number of days here and there in between and these final three weeks, I'll still have 5 days left to be used for next year. From what I understand from my boss, it'll will probably be getting worse next year. Until now, we usually worked till noon on Saturday before calling it quits. Next year, there might be a few full Saturday shifts in it for me (and maybe a bit more than a few), meaning even more hours for me to take a day off. 8o :]

... naturally, all that extra work won't prevent me from terrorizing Wesworld some more next year. :D

Friday, December 10th 2010, 9:50pm

Hope you feel better with some time off then, man. And come visit us on the IRC, we miss the entertainment :P

Saturday, December 11th 2010, 1:07am

Enjoy the time off! At my job things already ARE worse, not many days off work seeing as Christmas is on a weekend, though much of this is due to the fact we are installing brand new shiny equipment at our shop. When all is said and done our press will join the land of the automated.

Wednesday, December 15th 2010, 1:34am

RE: Ugh! and Yay!

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
meaning even more hours for me to take a day off. 8o :]

In the best possible Monty Python accent......

You jammy bastard!!!

Go on, rub it in you lucky git!!!!

How many days off each year???????

Saturday, December 18th 2010, 11:05pm

Have returned to some strange nation with a lot of strange white fluffy stuff on the ground...

Quoted

Go on, rub it in you lucky git!!!!

Okay... *rubs it in some more* :D

Quoted

How many days off each year???????

It really depends on what I plan to do for the year and how much I work extra. But I am probably not exagerating when I say the average is probably above 45 days each year.

Quoted

though much of this is due to the fact we are installing brand new shiny equipment at our shop

Brand new shiny equipment today, antique worn equipment tomorrow. Technology moves fast. Sometimes I get the feeeling that we are still working with computer stuff from the stone age...

Saturday, December 18th 2010, 11:32pm

In Iraq we had it easy around Christmas.

We worked 10/7 instead of 14/7.

We had it so easy!

Get better Roo!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AdmKuznetsov" (Dec 18th 2010, 11:33pm)