You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 6:51pm

Siam

IMO Siam needs something similar to what Brock/Hood and I did in Greece until a suitable player can be found to run the place. The last SIM report posted by Siam was in Q4 1936 IIRC with some transactions with other nations in place.

All I say is to do the same that we did in Greece and try to get Siam to a playable level before passing the torch to someone else. I disallow myself due to being in charge of a nation with certain interest in the region.

Maybe a trio or duo of players with most interest in the region like CG, KK and DF.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (May 13th 2010, 6:52pm)

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 7:02pm

I'd agree.

Alvama had privately asked about Siam, but there was never any formal request or vote or anything, so I presume it's NPC.

---------------

For the information of all - we have been seriously discussing two new players who have shown interest in joining the sim: Sachmle in Greece, and BruceDuncan in Yugoslavia (since Foxy formally resigned Yugoslavia a few weeks ago). I've talked with both of them quite extensively and I'd like to give my own recommendation for both of them.

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 7:13pm

I second the motion for the new players. Yugoslavia, while small, is behind in the reports by aat least two years plus so is a nice nation to play with in regard to designs. Another point is if the old PRJ sharing of resources is still in place.

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 7:15pm

I can most definately help out getting both countries up to speed. Especailly now that school's out.

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 9:19pm

Isn't Alex (ALVAMA) still playing Peru ??? Did he asked before playing Peru or later so he will now play two countries ???

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 9:21pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador
Isn't Alex (ALVAMA) still playing Peru ??? Did he asked before playing Peru or later so he will now play two countries ???

Alex is playing Peru. There was some discussion about him playing Siam as well, but nothing was ever decided (IIRC).

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 10:09pm

I have no problems if Alex will play a second country, but may be he should fix his PC Problems first :D

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 10:11pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador
I have no problems if Alex will play a second country, but may be he should fix his PC Problems first :D

I'd presume he'd need to officially ask for it, first. Until then, I'm presuming it's NPC.

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 10:29pm

Realistically Alex needs time to settle down and get into a rythm of work with Peru's news and reports before running a second nation.

We don't want folks taking on more than they can handle only to ditch things half-done. It's caused enough problems already without adding more nations to correct and straighten out every 9 months or so.

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 10:30pm

Ditto'd.

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 10:30pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
Realistically Alex needs time to settle down and get into a rythm of work with Peru's news and reports before running a second nation.

We don't want folks taking on more than they can handle only to ditch things half-done. It's caused enough problems already without adding more nations to correct and straighten out every 9 months or so.

That's exactly my opinion.

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 11:03pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
I second the motion for the new players. Yugoslavia, while small, is behind in the reports by aat least two years plus so is a nice nation to play with in regard to designs. Another point is if the old PRJ sharing of resources is still in place.

Greetings!

Brockpaine has asked that I take on that very challenge, and I am working on it as fast as I can. I've had initial contact with Marek and The Canadian on the state of the PRJ alliance and I hope to sort out the infrastructure and force strength situation within a few days. The current to-do list runs for about three pages.

I am looking forward to bringing Yugoslavia up to speed and becoming a viable part of the WesWorld community of nations.

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 11:04pm

Yugoslavia Redux

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
I can most definately help out getting both countries up to speed. Especailly now that school's out.

Thank you for the kind offer. A private message will be on its way to you very soon.

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 11:08pm

Welcome,

From what I've seen you've got what it takes. A small nation like Yugoslavia is the place to learn, building small ships is always harder than bigger ones.

Remember, build only what you need. There is nothing wrong in building multi-role ships to save money or a very good basic design that can grow as time goes by. Also you've got opportunity to cause political troubles too as your sqeeuzed between some pretty powerful blocs and nations.

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 11:15pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
Welcome,

From what I've seen you've got what it takes. A small nation like Yugoslavia is the place to learn, building small ships is always harder than bigger ones.

Remember, build only what you need. There is nothing wrong in building multi-role ships to save money or a very good basic design that can grow as time goes by. Also you've got opportunity to cause political troubles too as your sqeeuzed between some pretty powerful blocs and nations.

Thank you!

All things considered, the paper-and-computer work required to handle things in Wesworld is a piece of cake compared to my old job. It will just require some time and putting up with questions. I hope you will permit me to direct some your way.

BDS

Friday, May 14th 2010, 12:19am

Coolio!!!

As of the moment you have, I believe:
1 CDBB, modern
1 Light Cruiser, fairly obsolete
24 Destroyers, but with only 4 ships built in the last 20 years
19 Torpedo Boats, but with only 6 ships built in the last 15 years
4 River Moniters, mostly old, but still useful
60 MTB's
5 minelayers
4 minesweepers
2 "Raiders"
3 submarines

Whatever else Foxy built

Friday, May 14th 2010, 12:23am

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy
Coolio!!!

As of the moment you have, I believe:
1 CDBB, modern
1 Light Cruiser, fairly obsolete
24 Destroyers, but with only 4 ships built in the last 20 years
<snip>
3 submarines

Whatever else Foxy built

Still trying to put my arms around all that and determine a best course of action.

Friday, May 14th 2010, 12:52am

If I may try to make a small recommendation...

You have a decent destroyer force. I'm not sure that a bunch of speed is needed for the defense of the Adriatic. Perhaps the 30 knotters could be upgraded, but its pretty nice otherwise.

You could probebly afford to sell the Light Cruiser for scrap, seeing as how old it is, and your lack of drydocks.

Also, found that you have four more modern TB's

Friday, May 14th 2010, 1:26am

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy
If I may try to make a small recommendation...

You have a decent destroyer force. I'm not sure that a bunch of speed is needed for the defense of the Adriatic. Perhaps the 30 knotters could be upgraded, but its pretty nice otherwise.

You could probebly afford to sell the Light Cruiser for scrap, seeing as how old it is, and your lack of drydocks.

Also, found that you have four more modern TB's

Thank you for calling that to my attention. One of the things on my to-do list is a complete defense review before catching up with sim reports and the overall timeline.

That and meeting the neighbors.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, May 14th 2010, 1:47am

Welcome aboard.