You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JLDogg

Unregistered

Friday, December 10th 2004, 8:39pm

New Here

Hello all;

I found this place a few days ago while looking for naval line drawings(Links from the Wolf's Den I believe).
I have found it to be very fasinating and interesting, though a little confusing. But I am trying to go through the posts to learn all I can about your sim. But I have a few questions.

First; Do you have wars and how are they fought?? I understand WWI was fought , not real sure who won though.

Second; I read that there are no 'new players' but is it possible to particapate???

Third; I have several line drawings of different ships,
(pre-computer work), with made up and inaccurate data and having just found SpringSharp. I am working to get more accurate data for these ships. Is it possible to submit these designs to a navy???

Thank You for any help
JLDogg (Jon)

Friday, December 10th 2004, 9:12pm

Welcome to the 'World, then. To answer your questions:

1. WW1 was fought, and the Allies won. That's about the extent of what we've all agreed on...

The wars and conflicts taking place since the sim started up (~mid 1920) are scripted. The Andaman Sea conflict between India and Denmark is a recent example of this - Commodore Green and I made the whole thing up without the use of rules or wargaming.

2. You can certainly participate through the many discussions about ship designs, drawings, and so forth.

3. Not so sure about that. We do get occasional posts from non-Sim players in this regard, but most of us have a solid idea of what we want our nations to be building. An alternative may be to post to the Naval Design Board, if you're familiar with that board.

Your best bet for line-drawings here will be in the Encyclopedia entries, incidently...

Have fun,

J

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, December 10th 2004, 9:22pm

Welcome

Welcome aboard, Jon!

Glad you´ve found us. :o)

The Doc has summed it up quite well. Probably I should add that WesWorld is somewhat different than the world we all know.

In WesWorld there are powers around like Atlantis, the South African Empire or Nordmark which alter the face of our world to some degree. These powers originate from our initial wish to create alternative fleets. That´s where WW came from at the very beginning - to bring people together who have ideas about alternative ideas and who are looking for a place to put them.

So it wasn´t a game or a real simulation in first place. Technical details and discussions dominated. Then, one fine day, somebody started to post some kind of news from his country to give some insight what was happening. More news followed and today we have more roleplaying than technical stuff - even though there are still no rules except for some frame work to allow economical calculations regarding warship material.

If you have further question - feel free to ask. :o)

Hope this helps,

HoOmAn

Saturday, December 11th 2004, 2:12am

Welcome aboard

There's always a place for new members of the WesWorld Peanut Gallery. ;)

Saturday, December 11th 2004, 2:32am

Then sometimes you get lucky and they offer you a country....

Saturday, December 11th 2004, 8:36am

Hello JL and welcome to our sim! In reguards to your third question you can always post your design in the ship design forum and see what kind of responce you get, perhaps someone may request the rights to use her!

Your line drawings are more than welcome in the general forums too.

JLDogg

Unregistered

Sunday, December 12th 2004, 5:46pm

Sirs;
Thank You for the welcome.

I am hoping to get up to speed on your world as soon as I can. Last at work I read the Cleito Treaty and any ships submited will try to comply with the treaty.

For years I ahve had my own little AH world where the CSA(original I know) is a leading naval power along with
the 'new Roman empire, the Empire of Japan ands the Emipre of Persia. So I have several 'kitbashed' ships that were done pre-PC,,literally cut asnd paste(or tape).
With data that is mostly guess work when it comes to modernizing and to rebuilds. Trying to figure out SpringSharp and SpringStyle to get more accurate data for the ships. Most are to new as my AH setting is WW2 era.

I have looked at a lot of your linedrawings and they are very well done with a mix of different design styles.

Again Thank You for the welcome.

Jon

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, December 12th 2004, 8:02pm

Urgh!

Quoted

Originally posted by JLDogg
the 'new Roman empire

Uh, doesn´t that ring a bell?

Monday, December 13th 2004, 9:42pm

I'm sure it's a coincidence and has nothing to do with the Third Roman Reich. Be cool, Hooman, be cool.