You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 2:54am

I'd like to play

Okay, for those of you who dont know me, my name is Gabrielle. Im also a member of Navalism, and I play the Eastern Kingdom (PC nation) there. Im kind of known as the airpower player there. Ive been wanting to start a nation here on Wesworld for a while, and I asked HooMan about it, he suggested that I ask the board to join. So I wrote up this kind of unique PC nation proposal in hopes that I would be able to join with the boards blessing.

Why don't we take a block of NPC countries, and combine them to form a larger moderately powerful player nation?

Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia/Serbia, Czechoslovakia, Poland & Hungary.

Some of those (Romania, Poland and Yuoslavia) are already combined. making this less divergent from how wesworld is already set up. Czechoslovakia and Bulgaria (or at least Ithekro tells me) is hardly ever mentioned. making it easier to combine them without causing conflicts with the refferences made to them.

I altered the map so everyone could see what I mean:

thanks,
-gabi

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Salaam86" (Feb 15th 2007, 2:56am)

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 3:10am

Marek still officially runs Romania, Poland and Yugoslavia, he just hasn't had the time to update as regularly due to his army duties.

On the other hand, I think Persia is free now.

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 3:13am

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
Marek still officially runs Romania, Poland and Yugoslavia, he just hasn't had the time to update as regularly due to his army duties.

On the other hand, I think Persia is free now.

Okay, thats cool...is there a way i can combine like territories there?

The thing I'd like to avoid is creating a weak state. Cuz the Eastern Kingdom on Navalism is really weak. And it gets boring after a while.

Taking a look*

Okay.

How about,

persia, afghanistan and... well what else is free there?

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 3:22am

I don't think that combining countries would work, as it would mess up the continuity. Virtually every county has been mentioned individually, a retcon would be messy - especially with Persia, a member of SATSUMA.

The only real options in the sim at this point, I'm afraid, would be Persia and Bulgaria.

(Of course, you could always try invading and annexing Afghanistan... 8o ;) )

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 3:23am

I'm okay with it

Persia/Afganistan works for me.

You're wise to pick countries far from Siam/Brazil...

Unless you enjoy Instant War(tm)

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 3:28am

RE: I'm okay with it

Quoted

Originally posted by AdmKuznetsov
Persia/Afganistan works for me.

You're wise to pick countries far from Siam/Brazil...

Unless you enjoy Instant War(tm)

oh. hehe. okay. so definitely Persia and Afghanistan. sounds good to me.

^_^

and nope, i'm not into war. i kinda like to sit around building things. so i'll stay away from Brazil and Siam.

:-)

well what else is free there? i'm not familiar with how wesworld works and whats currently free. Is Saudia Arabia free? Iraq? Pakistan?

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 3:30am

You'll want to read up on WW Persian 'history' before committing, of course. :)

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 3:31am

Quoted

Originally posted by Swamphen
You'll want to read up on WW Persian 'history' before committing, of course. :)

okay.

:-)

sounds like good advice.

is there a particular reason though?

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 3:31am

Other countries...

Saudi Arabia just got thrashed by India et. al.; Iraq and Pakistan are British colonies.

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 3:32am

Quoted

is there a particular reason though?

Persia is a member of the SATSUMA alliance, so it would be a good idea to work along the path that has been set out previously.

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 3:33am

Well there is the combination (Marek's place if he is to be on duty for a long period of time).

Persia has had that on again off again title. Annexing Afganistan (or Iraq) could be in line with expansionist polices, though it would need to answer to SATSUMA..or the League of Nations.

Is there anyone that has a client state or colony that they'd like to pawn off?

Or a second country to liberate you workload.

Italy or Japan could use a "live person" for their client states to avoid, or even create, treaty tension.

Bolivia and Paraguay are free at the moment, but in a quarter I figure they will both be history or seriously incapacitated....besides they have little to no naval forces to speak of...and no coastlines.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ithekro" (Feb 15th 2007, 3:35am)

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 3:35am

RE: Other countries...

Quoted

Saudi Arabia just got thrashed by India et. al.; Iraq and Pakistan are British colonies.

got trashed?

making it an easy target for persia?

^_^

sorry. i got overly enthusiastic.

:p

ps. turkey is played by smilingassassin right? so it belongs to atlantis? or atlantis wants it?

cuz if it wasnt, i'd take it and set up something similar to the Byzantine Empire (Eastern Roman Empire) or Ottoman empire. interesting concept...kinda too divergent from original timeline tho.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Salaam86" (Feb 15th 2007, 3:38am)

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 3:45am

Well Persia assisted India in fighting the House of Saud, so they probably wouldn't be looking for a Round Two just yet.

Wes runs Turkey and Atlantis seperatly (despite what the Greeks might say :P ).

One thing to keep in mind is that any new players need to stick to the established 'verse instead of injecting large doeses of handwavium changes.

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 3:51am

Quoted

Well Persia assisted India in fighting the House of Saud, so they probably wouldn't be looking for a Round Two just yet.

Wes runs Turkey and Atlantis seperatly (despite what the Greeks might say :P ).

One thing to keep in mind is that any new players need to stick to the established 'verse instead of injecting large doeses of handwavium changes.

okay.

so do u have some ideas?

Persia...and...?

thanks
-gabi

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Salaam86" (Feb 15th 2007, 4:07am)

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 4:38am

Okay.

If I were to play Persia, couldn't I remove it from Satsuma?

What about this combination?

Persia, Afghanistan,Saudia Arabia, Hedjaz, Yemen, Armenia, Azerbaijan

a map to illustrate:

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 5:12am

What about Mu?

I like the Ataturk link...

Cheers,

PS. Not a serious suggestion I just thought people would like to see strange maps.

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 5:13am

Well you got two problems..one Wesworld, and one real world.

First you have that Persia was fighting the Saudi and Yemen just a few monhs ago with Persia's SATSUMA ally India.

Second, Persia and the Saudi are on the opposite poles of Islam (all that sectarian voilence in today's world, well it exists back then too.)

The Russians, Turks, and possibly Atlantis would take objection to the annexation of Armenia, and the Saudi and HEdjaz don't get along, as Hedjaz is an Indian friendly state (right Rocky?).

I can also see the British having issues with this for some reason., but they may not.

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 5:26am

I still think decolonization or rebellion might be the way to start a "new" nation. Or filling in a client state with a human (The East African State nearly got an aircraft carrier from Italy and places like Formosa have cruisers and even battlecruisers).

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 5:30am

Quoted

Originally posted by Ithekro
Well you got two problems..one Wesworld, and one real world.

First you have that Persia was fighting the Saudi and Yemen just a few monhs ago with Persia's SATSUMA ally India.

Second, Persia and the Saudi are on the opposite poles of Islam (all that sectarian voilence in today's world, well it exists back then too.)

The Russians, Turks, and possibly Atlantis would take objection to the annexation of Armenia, and the Saudi and HEdjaz don't get along, as Hedjaz is an Indian friendly state (right Rocky?).

I can also see the British having issues with this for some reason., but they may not.

i'm eternally confused.

how about we take whatever territories i manage to get and call it "The Empire of Confusion"

i cant think of anything else.

Thursday, February 15th 2007, 5:45am

Basically, they're saying that the proposed 'block states' you're asking for aren't feasible due to the political differences between the prospective components.

Your best bet is to take on Persia by itself, and work on a plausible storyline in which it would annex Afghanistan (and thus somehow gain more industrial capacity).

Your other two options are what's already been mentioned; Take on a ready-made puppet state (ie; Chosen, Formosa, EAS), or convince one of the other players to let you take something odd like Madagascar and have it declare independance.