You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, June 27th 2009, 4:11am

Tornado Alley

The storm that hit my town last weekend included Ye Olde Friendly Tornado. You can see my apartment complex from 0:53 to 1:03; I was out of town on the day this video was taken.

There wasn't much damage (mainly trees and some fences), and no one was killed, though some gawkers at the hospital were supposedly injured by flying debris. The sirens were only set off after most of the damage had been done.

You see the water on the ground, but that doesn't show that we got as much as five inches of rain with that storm.

I'm something of a storm-chaser at heart, and I'm kinda PO'd I missed it. I totally could have watched it from my porch, for crying out loud!

Saturday, June 27th 2009, 10:36am

Damn things have an annoying habit of wanting to chase me, so I just stick to watching live feeds on the internet and chasing virtually. Had two close calls, one in '79, the other in '95 and that was enough thank you!

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 5:21pm

Live streams are good enough for me, especially since I live thousands of miles away from Tornado Alley. The only problem is the 7 hour time difference and the tornadoes have the tendency to appear on the streams while I am sleeping. :(