You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, June 21st 2006, 1:26am

For sale:scrap metal

Come one came all...
Romania is selling high quality scrap metal in form of two Filipino Solitario-class destroyer's.

Ships have all of there equilpment on bourd.
Price is 50t each the ships scrap metal value is 165t that 115 tons free.
If some on wish to puches the ships and continue using them as warships, baracks hulks, ammunition storege , target practice the price is 10t each.
Any one interested contact Romanian Naval Surplus.

Wednesday, June 21st 2006, 2:55am

I wonder if I should buy them back ;)

Wednesday, June 21st 2006, 4:33am

Anonymous

A private company wishes to purchase said hulks from the Romanian Navy as is for future use.

Fund ready in hand, just need to arrange delivery.

Wednesday, June 21st 2006, 7:20am

Turkey would like to offer Romania the use of Turkish drydocks to scrap these vessels. The Turks could discuss the terms of the recovered materials percentage cut. Why lose such valuable materials?

Both nations could benifit from such a deal.

Wednesday, June 21st 2006, 12:59pm

As the responce to the offer is larger that expected,(I realy was thinking that I cannot give them away) highest bidder will recive those ships.

100 tons for bogth.

Do I here 150t ?

(OOC:The real problem is that I have is that althou industry output of 11 factories is more that sufitient to build anything I want and ifrastructure is hard pressed to use this out put in the fullest.With all Tatra class DD(8) I have to strangten the hull in.
Drydocks of type 1 are all in use.
And two 27 years old DD are just hoging the personel way.
Besides I allready have replacments for those ship finished.)

Wednesday, June 21st 2006, 3:35pm

110 from Mexico

Wednesday, June 21st 2006, 4:09pm

India will offer to scrap both destroyers at its drydock in Male, with the proceeds split equally between India and Romania.

It should be noted that India generally has a few slipways lying idle at any one time. If Romania finds it lacks the infrastructure necessary to meet its requirements, it can contact India about possible contracting opportunities.

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 21st 2006, 5:40pm

In a document the Chinese Ambassador in Romania, Pu Ming ,offers to scrap both destroyers far away in China.

Perhaps China would take up also the two destroyers to its navy and pay a fair price for both.

The Ambassador would be very pleased if Romania would decide for China.

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 12:50am

110t going one...

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 3:58am

Quoted

Originally posted by Ithekro
A private company wishes to purchase said hulks from the Romanian Navy as is for future use.

Fund ready in hand, just need to arrange delivery.

*Cough cough* Is Harlock looking for a few pawns for his pirate fleet?

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 4:11am

Quoted

110t going one...

If India offered a 50% split with Romania, wouldn't that mean India's offerred 165 t?

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 4:30am

Cough

Quoted

*Cough cough* Is Harlock looking for a few pawns for his pirate fleet?

I was wondering who'd catch that.

Heh, no...cheap scrap for either refitting his existing vessel or building a new one.

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 4:56am

Well I was planning on using the ships but if bidding is at 165t I can scrap them instead. Bid of 180tons.

Thursday, June 22nd 2006, 11:02am

180t going once...

180t going twice...

Friday, June 23rd 2006, 11:50am

Sold to the gentelmen in a big sombrero.

Friday, June 23rd 2006, 3:21pm

Just don't deliver them during hurricane season...

(The Philippines wiped out this particular class in a hurry - they're structually unsound for blue-water work (cross-sectional strength below 0.50). These two had just been refit before that discovery was made - when one of the class sunk in a typhoon - and, as such, were sold to Romania which would use them in the Black Sea without fear of serious storms...)

Friday, June 23rd 2006, 7:33pm

Looks like Mexico will follow the Philippines example in reguards to scrapping this class.

Saturday, June 24th 2006, 1:22am

If they go by way of the Pacific (or the Atlantic for that matter) there is a chance of interception by certain types of benefators willing to gain said vessels for the scrap they will generate on the market to put towards other projects.

Saturday, June 24th 2006, 8:00am

Poland to Mexico via the Atlantic would be safe.

Saturday, June 24th 2006, 8:04am

That's what the Pirates of the Caribbean want people to think.