You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 6th 2005, 11:15pm

Danish Catch-Up 1925 - Addendum

Jytlands-Posten, November 29th, 1925

On the opening day of the trial of Christian Anders Zahle, after having the charges against him entered into the court records, the Minister of Defence entered a plea of 'Not Guilty' against those charges through his defence council.

Jan Olafsen, the lead council on the minister's defence team, asked for an adjournment to have more time to study the book of evidence against his client. He argued that the Crown Prosecutor and his team have had almost 10 months to prepare their case for the prosecution of his client, and it may be seen as a rush to justice by outside observers if his team were not given a suitable amount of time to prepare the best defence that they could for their client.

After taking a short recess to think about the defence's arguement, and the prosecution's statement that the defence should not need anymore time, the Judge agreed to the defence request and adjourned the case until January 15th next.

When asked about the adjournment the Crown Prosecutor, Ronald Johannsen replied, "I have no doubts about the strenght of our case, and this delay for a strenghting of the defence case will just see that our eventual successful prosecution will be above reproach."

Sunday, February 6th 2005, 11:35pm

Eh?

Last we saw the (dis)honourable(d) Mininster, he was in Mexico, wasn't he?

How'd they get their hands on him?

:-?

Monday, February 7th 2005, 10:16am

check the original 1925 catch-up, I posted an edit for bits I forgot!