You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 1:42am

Ikarus IK-1 Kracuj Corps Reconnaissance Aircraft

Ikarus IK-1 Kracuj Corps Reconnaissance Aircraft

Powerplant: One BMW 132A nine-cylinder radial air cooled engine rated at 720hp (541kW)

Wing span: 13.94 m
Length: 10.54 m
Height: 3.25 m
Wing area: 30.844 sq. m
Empty weight: 2,166 kg
Loaded weight: 3,011 kg
Wing loading: 97.3 kg/sq. m
Power loading 4.2 kg/hp

Maximum speed: 322 km/hr at 1,220 m
Cruising speed: 275 km/hr
Rate of climb: 541 m/minute
Service ceiling: 7,360 m
Range: 700 km

Layout comprises pilot and observer in tandem under glazed canopy. One fixed 7.92mm M33 machinegun with 500 rounds in front fuselage decking, synchronised to fire through the propeller arc; one flexible 7.92mm M33 machinegun with 1,000 rounds in rear cockpit.

Radio equipment fitted in observer’s cockpit with windmill generator and fixed as well as trailing antennas. A topographical camera is normally fitted behind the observer and there is stowage for a hand camera in the observer’s cockpit. The fixed camera can be replaced by two bomb containers each carrying five 10kg. bombs; provision for installation of smoke screen apparatus in place of cameras or bomb containers.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 9:24am

One wonders about the position of the flexible MG ands its fire arc....

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 11:19am

Probably has a collapsable rear decking like the Curtiss SBD Helldiver.

The extremely long nose has me far more worried for numerous reasons.

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 12:00pm

Truth be told I cloned the Douglas O-46; which never saw combat. The restricted arc bothers me too, but perhaps Hood is correct. In any case, an aircraft industry has to start somewhere. :)

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 1:28pm

I'd probably cut down the aft fuselage for visibility more than anything else.

Not sure about adding cameras and bombs behind the observer. It'll move the cg quite a way aft. Not sure about the smokescreen either.

Monday, May 31st 2010, 12:03pm

A small nitpick the name should be Kraguj (Sparrowhawk). Noticed in Yugoslav Aircraft industry thread that Soko and UTVA factories are listed but these are both postwar factories/brands, perhaps the historical Rogozarski and Zmaj factories would be more suitable.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Jun 2nd 2010, 10:10am)