You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 8:46pm

Persia Q3 1936

August 3rd

Disturbances continue in most major cities as rioters are clashing with Police and Gendarmes, in Teheran the Shah has ordered two Pushtighaban battalions to aid the security forces.

In SAA Bactria there has been a flare up of inter tribal fighting, although some factions declare themselves as pro-Afghani or pro-Persian it seems that the people involved are using the current situation in Persia to settle old scores (this belief is reinforced by the fact that there are also pro-Turk, Azeri and even a pro-Alexandrian faction, at least according to their own declaration). The Viceroy has enacted the Compulsory Service Law forcing all those that have served in the British Armed and Security forces to serve in the new Bactrian Provisional Army for the duration of the emergency.

Three Shahbaz Simorgh has been deliverd to the aircorce were two will soon be starting taxying test while the third will be used for static tests.

Monday, August 18th 2008, 5:12pm

August 6th

Law and order has been restored in Teheran by heavy handed crackdowns on any kind of protests while the Security forces have started to gain the upper hand in most major cities. It is rumored that the SAVAK has used the confusion to neutralize a number of leading religious leaders and other outspoken critics.

In Bactria the deployment of Gendarme units has been accelerated and together with liberal use of airpower this has started to achieve results.

In other news

The Shahbaz Simorgh prototypes have begun taxying and structure tests.

The Majlis has accepted a investment plan to double the production of chromite, zinc, copper, tin, iron, manganese and tungsten.
The Majlis has also accepted the Iimport substitution law which prohibits or imposes very high tolls on industrial products and machines that can be produced in Persia to stimulate the manufacturing sector of the economy.

In Siam the Maeklong changed flag and was renamed Kaveh at a modest ceremony and accepted into IPN service, the Kaveh will depart for Canton on a combined goodwill and shakedown cruise

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Aug 18th 2008, 5:13pm)

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 10:01am

August 8th

The disturbances has mostly be quelled in Persia while unrest is ongoing in Bactria.

The works on the Jazireh-ye Sirri and Jazireh-ye Larak have been resumed and are expected to be completed (without guns) by the end of September. Fortifications are also begun on Jazireh-ye Queshm, Jazireh-ye Forur and near Sirik.

The Ministry of Trade and Foreign affairs have begun to look for suitable partners for the planned expansion of the mining industry.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 8:57pm

Map of planned fortifications

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 12:46am

RE: Persia Q3 1936

As to the map : Why can I forsee an Oman canal?

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
Persia to settle old scores (this belief is reinforced by the fact that there are also pro-Turk, Azeri and even a pro-Alexandrian faction, at least according to their own declaration

This didn't register the first read, but thinking back on it, isn't that pro-Alexandrian bit based on a real group/people?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Aug 20th 2008, 12:47am)

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 12:59am

*Stores the map in a file folder marked "British reactive artillery test ranges" and closes the file cabinet.*

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 1:03am

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk

Quoted

Persia to settle old scores (this belief is reinforced by the fact that there are also pro-Turk, Azeri and even a pro-Alexandrian faction, at least according to their own declaration

This didn't register the first read, but thinking back on it, isn't that pro-Alexandrian bit based on a real group/people?

A canal should generate employment :D

There was a Hellenistic Kingdom called Bactria and people who claim to be descended from the Greeks still in the area

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Bactrian_Kingdom

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Aug 20th 2008, 1:33am)

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 1:33am

RE: Persia Q3 1936

Quoted

Probably cheaper and quicker to effect a regime change... 8)

Kaiser Kirk

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 1:44am

*warning- pet peeve*

Quoted

The Majlis has accepted a investment plan to double the production of chromite, zinc, copper, tin, iron, manganese and tungsten.

Been debating if I should protest this type of thing again, and decided I should. Nothing to do with Persia in particular, just don't like folks advancing their mineral production by over 20 years. 1-2 decades, ok in the name of letting people have fun with their nations. 25+ seems a bit much and can radically change the strategic resources picture.

Ok, done with thread hijack, I return you to Vukovlads nightly news service :)

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 1:48am

Quoted

*warning- pet peeve*

Quoted

Been debating if I should protest this type of thing again, and decided I should. Nothing to do with Persia in particular, just don't like folks advancing their mineral production by over 20 years. 1-2 decades, ok in the name of letting people have fun with their nations. 25+ seems a bit much and can radically change the strategic resources picture.

Ok, done with thread hijack, I return you to Vukovlads nightly news service :)

Why would an expansion take 20 YEARS? Not that a time frame has been given... OTL Persia/Iran showed no real interest in the mining industry until the revolution

Kaiser Kirk

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 1:59am

Quoted

Why would an expansion take 20 YEARS? Not that a time frame has been given... OTL Persia/Iran showed no real interest in the mining industry until the revolution

Miscommunication- it's the minerals. 20 years after the current time, Iran produced little or none of those minerals except manganese, through it mined lead and antimony. Chromite was mined in Pakistan.

Quickly looking about the web, neither Tin nor Tungsten seem to even be mined in Iran now. Further even if ores were known then, they may not have been of sufficient quality to be economically extracted with the technology and prices of the day.

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 2:16am

Major producer of chromite

The Tungstenmine was closed in 1957
http://www.ngdir.com/Minemineral/MineMin…ail.asp?PID=996

Tin only seems to be mentioned in a historical context ie ancient mines

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Aug 20th 2008, 2:24am)

Kaiser Kirk

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 5:50am

I commend you on the reasonable source for the Tungsten. And being nice about it :)

From my reading of that page, Nezam Abad-Bamsar may have been producing 2,000t/year of ore, which could be why my two sources omitted it, the processed amount would have been smaller. Still, I was in error, Persia was producing tungsten in this time frame.

"Persia Chromite" turns up the Googlebooks Cambridge history of Iran which indicates Chromite ore mining apparently began in 1940 and produced 150,000 tons through 1958, ~8.3kt/year. I would certainly endorse the idea that with additional investment over historical Persia could exploit that.

Pakistan, of which Persia has part, was producing in the 20kt range in the 1950s, while Turkey was producing 450kt.

So, I am happy that I said "Nothing to do with Persia in particular" because I'd look really silly otherwise as my basis was not as good as I thought. I stick to my premise- pulling forward a decade or two, fine- countries are more developed than historical. Mining stuff thats not there, or pulling forward further, not reasonable (though admittedly there are some existing cases).

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 5:55am

Quoted

Mining stuff thats not there, or pulling forward further, not reasonable.

Holy cow! Ireland just discovered ninety trillion barrels of oil under Galway! We're rich! :D

Kaiser Kirk

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 6:12am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Holy cow! Ireland just discovered ninety trillion barrels of oil under Galway! We're rich! :D

You really need to clean the grease traps at those Fish and Chip places more often...

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 11:32pm

August 10th

The troubles in Bactria continue including a clash between Bactrian security forces in hot pursuit and Afghani border forces, the Viceroy has offered his apologies to the Afghan authorities.

The Majlis has accepted a reshuffling of State institutions to better cope with the development plan accepted earlier. This includes the following, trade is moved from the Ministry of Foreign affairs to the Ministry of Finance which after the reorganization will include the following new departments:

-Department of Trade
-Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
-Department of Mining and Metal production
-Department of Oil, Gas and Coal
-Department of Industry
-Department of Economic and Technological development
-Imperial Geological Survey Authority

The Ministry of Education will no longer be grouped with culture and will assume responsibility to oversee Government funded research.

A new ministry of Culture and National Heretige is created and will together with the Ministry of Education assume responsibility for the planned public libraries.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Aug 20th 2008, 11:34pm)

Thursday, August 21st 2008, 5:43pm

August 12th

The situation in Bactria is slowly calming down.

The Shahbaz Simorgh has shown some serious structural faults this has led the IDC to cancel the project and close the Shahbaz factory that has repetdly failed to build a satisfactory aircraft. The IDC has also decided to cancel the order for TNCA C-9A&B fighters feeling that they are to complex and heavily armed.

Monday, August 25th 2008, 3:09am

August 15th

The disturbances has largely been put down in Both Persia and Bactria.

The Imperial Air force has started receiving Polish PZL P.23 and P.37 bombers which is seen as a consolation after the many failed attempts to receive modern fighters.

The Kaveh has arrived in Canton were it will remain a number of days. Guided tours of the ship is available to the local populace while the crew is getting a possibility to familiarize themselves with the culture and cuisine of our allies that is as ancient as our own.

Rumors of coverts talk between Persia and the UKN has been flying in the diplomatic corps in Tehran, these rumors have been denied by the Ministry of Foreign.Affairs

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 9:59pm

August 16th

The Persian government announced the formation of yhe Persian Airways to release the military transport aircraft for purely military transports.

The IDC has put the large drydock (D2) at Bandar Abbas at the disposal of the BNS.

Thursday, August 28th 2008, 1:58am

Quoted

"Persia Chromite" turns up the Googlebooks Cambridge history of Iran which indicates Chromite ore mining apparently began in 1940 and produced 150,000 tons through 1958, ~8.3kt/year. I would certainly endorse the idea that with additional investment over historical Persia could exploit that.

I found an report fro 1968 with the mineral (excl oil) production for 1965 and 1966 so now I have something to base numbers on!

Just as a tidbit if the Chromite production was ~8kt per year up to 1958 it must have skyrocketed suddenly because it was 150kt in 65 and 133kt in 66 roughly 1/3 of the Turkish production (the report compares Turkey, Iran and Pakistan)