You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 5th 2007, 8:50am

Canadian Yard Sale

A reminder that Chester and Birkenhead are on the market. Canadian Vickers has two slips availible during 1935 for a modernization deal if desired.

PM if interested.

Thursday, July 5th 2007, 12:01pm

Slips don't modernize

Quoted

Canadian Vickers has two slips availible during 1935 for a modernization deal if desired.

Docks do.

Thursday, July 5th 2007, 2:05pm

Good point! Likely a typo, at least I hope so!

Thursday, July 5th 2007, 5:46pm

Nah! The Wesworld Canadians are show-offs, dragging their ships out of the water and onto the slips. :D

Friday, July 6th 2007, 1:59pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Nah! The Wesworld Canadians are show-offs, dragging their ships out of the water and onto the slips. :D

Entirely possible - in fact, it's normal for ships under about 600 tons.

Friday, July 6th 2007, 2:51pm

So we can chop up Chester and Birkenhead into 600 ton sections and move them accross land!

Friday, July 6th 2007, 5:21pm

It was done with larger ships as well (maybe still is) You beach the ship and then shift the ballast to keel over the ship so that you can scrub it's bottom clean.

Friday, July 6th 2007, 6:43pm

The ultimate maritime railroad...the Trans-Canada rail line! Granted, I'd like to see them get through the Rockies!

Saturday, July 7th 2007, 6:37am

Were they refit at age 15?

Saturday, July 7th 2007, 6:45am

They have not been refitted since their transfer to the RCN in 1925, I can't vouch for anything before that.

As stated, Canadian Vickers is availible to refit/modernize the pair as per buyer request.