You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, April 30th 2012, 9:01pm

Time of troubles

Hi folks,

I was just informed by our host Testpilot that we will run through times of trouble with our server provider soon. Several modifications are planned, some of which will included server down time. Sadly, as so often in the past, there is little to no information in advanve, so don´t worry if you find WesWorld down sometime in the next ten days - the forum will not be shot down.

Meanwhile Testpilot will evaluate if it makes sense to switch server provider altogether because we had been through rough times with the current one already. If so, be assured we will keep you informed and all will be done to make sure WesWorld will survive if not re-emerge stronger and better than before. :o)

Cheers,
Stephan

Monday, April 30th 2012, 9:03pm

We were down for about 2.5 hours earlier today, incidentally.

HoOmAn

Monday, April 30th 2012, 9:05pm

Yes, we were. One of those "incidents" where we were not informed before server shot down. :o( This kind of unreliability is what drives Testpilots surge for a new provider...

Monday, April 30th 2012, 9:07pm

Ah, I see. I recalled you'd mentioned some time ago that the server would be upgrading and service would be irregular; so I presumed it was merely a long-delayed delivery of that disruption. :P

IIRC, we were at one time discussing a forum software upgrade as well. Did that ever take place?

HoOmAn

Monday, April 30th 2012, 9:09pm

Some features "behind the curtain" were modified, but nothing affecting the boards look or feel actually.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 12:28am

thanks for the heads up Hoo

HoOmAn

Friday, May 4th 2012, 9:44pm

Please expect some downtime on 12th of May. Sadly I cannot give you an exact timestamp - we have to see what happens.

Cheers,
Stephan

Friday, May 4th 2012, 10:13pm

Thanks for the heads up!

Monday, May 14th 2012, 10:47pm

Looks like we're back up. Is there anymore downtime planned, or should this be it?

HoOmAn

Monday, May 14th 2012, 10:48pm

Looks like the maintenance task went freaky on the 12th, so there was a but more of down time. :o/

Testpilot is already checking options to move the board to a new server, a new provider. We will keep you informed.

Stephan

Monday, May 14th 2012, 10:49pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
Looks like the maintenance task went freaky on the 12th, so there was a but more of down time. :o/

Testpilot is already checking options to move the board to a new server, a new provider. We will keep you informed.

Stephan

Okiedokie.