You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, September 19th 2006, 3:13am

Call to Vote

Call to Vote

The Commonwealth of Australia wishes to call all the signatories of the Celito Treaty to a vote to veto the sale of a new build Battlecruisersr to the Formosa and Chosen Navies.

The legallity of this vote is sighted in Section J article X.

The reason for the calling of this Vote is that we view that the ship will be used alongside the Japanese fleet as a way of cheating treaty limits, as surely Chosen and Formosa do not need additional heavy warships. Recent actions by the Japanese navy in “leasing” the Darien class battlecruisers have shown the true purposes of the IJN.

Tuesday, September 19th 2006, 3:42am

*begins passing out crispy-fried elephant-rind chips and sodas*

Tuesday, September 19th 2006, 7:05am

Business is about to pick up!

Tuesday, September 19th 2006, 9:36am

The United States has similar concerns regarding these new warships and seconds Australia's call for a vote on the issue by treaty members.

Tuesday, September 19th 2006, 9:41am

Given recent news involving Japanese warships off Panama I'd say the concerns are well founded.

Tuesday, September 19th 2006, 9:52am

Some were in Poland, a high ranking offitial is scraching his head.
"Mayby the idea of joing the Cleito isnt so hot after all"

Tuesday, September 19th 2006, 2:46pm

France and Russia agree that a vote is necessary

and express the opinion that Formosa and Chosen, and Pacifica for that matter, have an entirely sufficient number of Japanese-built warships already.

What they build with their domestically-manufactured warship materials is their business.

Though they each could do with a class 4 dock to go with the 250m ships they've already got but don't have a place to fix...

Tuesday, September 19th 2006, 10:43pm

In a mansion, laughter from Japan's current representatives, Lord Shishio (Defense) and Lord Uonuma (Foreign Affairs), sent shivers down the spines of the servants.
Apparently both men seem very optimistic about the situation.

Wednesday, September 20th 2006, 3:23pm

Current Vote totals:

Allow Sale: 0

Reject Sale: 0

[Ie, I'm not sure that Australia, the US, France, and Russia have actually voted, as opposed to expressed initial opinions.]

Wednesday, September 20th 2006, 8:05pm

I'm thinking we should open up full blown talks (again) before we vote on this one. There are several important issues that need to be discussed.

Wednesday, September 20th 2006, 8:06pm

If we do that, the talks will need to be scheduled before the projected Q3/32 lay down date for these ships.

Wednesday, September 20th 2006, 8:28pm

...which is before the spithead reveiw IIRC.

Wednesday, September 20th 2006, 8:37pm

Correct, the Spithead Review is to take place in the middle of Q3/32 (12-19 August).

Wednesday, September 20th 2006, 8:50pm

Well there's two solutions to this mess;

A) Call the vote now on the specific issue, and wait to address the overall issue of client states at Spithead

B) Wait, and Japan may have to scrap them incomplete when they get voted down.

Wednesday, September 20th 2006, 10:28pm

Or:

C) Order Japan to delay construction until it can be voted on.

Wednesday, September 20th 2006, 10:45pm

Option "C" can only be carried out through the vote originally mentioned. If somebody "orders" Japan to cease construction beforehand, there'd be a small matter of enforcement to consider.

Wednesday, September 20th 2006, 11:12pm

Well, there goes the Cleito Treaty. It's been real, folks.

Wednesday, September 20th 2006, 11:15pm

You think so? Guess I'll have to post this bit again (modified)...
In the mansion, laughter from Lord Shishio and Lord Uonuma again sent shivers down the spines of the servants.
Apparently both men seem even more optimistic about the situation than before.

Thursday, September 21st 2006, 12:10am

Quoted

Originally posted by Fyrwulf
Well, there goes the Cleito Treaty. It's been real, folks.

With out the treat I dont see the point of continiue with the sim there will be Yamato's everywere.And I dont even have a dock thats longer that 170 meters.

Thursday, September 21st 2006, 1:08am

I think you might be surprised what might happen in a post treaty world. It might actually lead to a second treaty that is more logical and yet binding.