You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, December 27th 2004, 5:00am

A bunch of destroyers

A couple of inter war year destroyers for the RSwN,

HERE

Wednesday, December 29th 2004, 8:54pm

Interesting designs.
I am a little surprised at choosing the 10.5cm gun as the standard for the DD's. It would seem to leave you at a disadvantage when you go up against other DD's which had 4.7 - 5" main batteries. However standardization will have advantages.
The bulges and torpedo bulkheads seem a little 'much' for a destroyer class ship. Why add an extra meter or 2 to the beam a ship of this class?

Thursday, December 30th 2004, 7:41pm

why 105mm?
I chosse a 105mm L70 gun for early destroyers because then can I get more guns (4x2 turrets) and standardize all destroyers ammo, my next design - Bielke-class will carry 120mm guns, but less of them.

in Swedish destroyer tactics are the torpedo the main weapon, not the gun, the battleships support the massed destroyer attacks eith torpedoes not the other way around.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, December 30th 2004, 7:44pm

Reminds meof the Germans who used large TBs armed with 10,5cm guns in WW2...