You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, August 7th 2007, 5:51pm

Large ship construction times

Looking at it, it seems that the infrastructure rules result in a longer-than-historical time to build large ships. As an example, IJN Yamato was 65,027 tons light (according to Wikipedia), and she was completed in 50 months (November 1937 to December 1941). Under the sim's infrastructure rules, she would take 74 months to complete (65 + 9).

Do we want to look at adjusting the rules?

Tuesday, August 7th 2007, 6:06pm

Tried bringing that up a few months ago...

http://wesworld.jk-clan.de/thread.php?threadid=4811&sid=

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, August 7th 2007, 6:34pm

You&acute;d need more complex rules in general as light ships on the other hand (say a <2000ts DD) take not long enough to build....

Tuesday, August 7th 2007, 7:35pm

Keep in mind that a longer time to build means that the costs per quarter are lower, so easier to afford.

So, theoretically, we'd want some sort of a sliding scale to provide a smooth curve without jagged edges where designs would cluster like they can with the hull strength breaks.

Wednesday, August 8th 2007, 12:01am

Didn't we have a wartime build modifier which allowed us to build at a faster rate at the expence of the ships material condition?

Wednesday, August 8th 2007, 1:25am

There is a clause that allows for a reduced construction time. I think also for more materials to be used per month (1,200 tons a month I think), as well as boost industrial production up to 150% as cost of damaging the industry by 10% in the post war years.

I think I'm remembering that correctly.