You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 30th 2013, 12:39am

A question for the group

For a while, I have been thinking about returning to Wesworld. I really enjoyed the creativity that you guys offer up, its quite invigorating. Tho I would not fault anyone for having questions about my commitment, I am in a much better state of being then when I chose to leave a few months ago. I'm ready to be creative again. In talking with Brock and others about this on IRC, Italy came up as a country in need of a player. My question for all you is twofold, how do you feel about me returning in any capacity, and more specifically, how would you feel about me taking on Italy?
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Thursday, May 30th 2013, 12:46am

Acknowledging the question of past commitment and citing the different circumstances in which you now find yourself, I have no issues with you to returning to the game.

Having a player for Italy would be a good thing on several counts - with the departure of the Netherlands, AEGIS has been moribund, and there is no one to represent its view.

For Yugoslavia (and to a lesser degree Germany) the absence of an active Italy has been depressing. Having an active Italy would make playing both of those countries far more interesting.

It would also allow the rectification of certain Italian designs that were developed to other versions of Springsharp. I believe that these is a fair number of them. Bringing all player designs into the preferred version of SS is a good thing (tm).

Thursday, May 30th 2013, 12:57am

I have no trouble with this at all.

Thursday, May 30th 2013, 3:44am

While I'm certainly not the most active player, I'd love to have an Italy. Hell, if I had an Italy I may actually have something to do. ;) Wouldn't hurt if the player of a certain North American nation would get back to me on some things so I can do my 1943 sim reports before it's 1945.

Thursday, May 30th 2013, 4:48am

As I stated on the IRC, I'm fine with you playing Italy.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, May 30th 2013, 7:42am

Welcome back!

Thursday, May 30th 2013, 10:16am

I'm fine with that too. Having an Italian player is pretty good for Argentina too since there are a couple of outstanding issues etc.

Thursday, May 30th 2013, 12:49pm

I say welcome back and my vote is yes for you taking on Italy.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Thursday, May 30th 2013, 5:43pm

Personally I'd rather see an active Iberia in the game, but Gavin's been MIA since shortly after graduation, so Italy is also needed.

Friday, May 31st 2013, 3:38am

No problems from this quarter.

Friday, May 31st 2013, 5:11am

I too prefer an active Iberia, but we do need Italy.

Friday, May 31st 2013, 9:08am

Good to see you are back

First .... no problems with taking over Italy, because it's far far far away from China :evil: :D :D

Second i have to agree with some others ... i also would prefer and active player for Iberia, because my plans of the invasion of Hainan Dao could come true and reality *fuck .... that are top secret plans* ....

ooohhh aaaaahhhmmmm by the way ... welcome back snip ;)

Friday, May 31st 2013, 1:31pm

An active Iberia just might spark me to be more active....

Friday, May 31st 2013, 2:15pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
An active Iberia just might spark me to be more active....

I quite agree. An active Iberia would be a very good thing. Perhaps there is someone among the inactive membership who might want to become active?

Friday, May 31st 2013, 2:30pm

I would have no problem to take over a second country as Caretaker (if desired) but Iberia would be a NO-GO because of the conflicts of interest ;)

but also it makes no sense to fill the gap with existing player ... some fresh blood would be better

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "parador" (May 31st 2013, 2:31pm)

Friday, May 31st 2013, 3:13pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador
I would have no problem to take over a second country as Caretaker (if desired) but Iberia would be a NO-GO because of the conflicts of interest ;)

but also it makes no sense to fill the gap with existing player ... some fresh blood would be better

Quite so. I too would not be a good caretaker for Iberia, for the same reasons.

We have many members of the forum who have observed our goings-on for many months, in some cases years. I would think that one of them might be interested in taking on one of our less active countries. If not Iberia, perhaps Poland, Brazil or Thailand? A smaller country is a good place to learn the ropes of ship design and sim reports.