You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 11:35am

Next Treaty conference?

Where will the next Treaty conference be held?

I thought, for a moment, of having the German delegation arrive via U-boat, but that would send the wrong signal I fear. ;)

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 11:41am

In 1936 hopefully.

Lets hold it in Denver, Co and see how you get your U-boat there..

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 11:53am

Given the size of some of the U-boats I'm planning, it wouldn't be too hard to go to New York, load it onto a rail-car, then carry it to Denver.

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 1:57pm

Quoted

In 1936 hopefully.

Between now and 1936 I would guess...

Quoted

Given the size of some of the U-boats I'm planning, it wouldn't be too hard to go to New York, load it onto a rail-car, then carry it to Denver.

If you build a few mini subs, that should not be difficult indeed. Just be careful you do not accidentally launch a torpedo. You do not want to be accused of sinking a truck, do you?

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 2:02pm

Heh. "Dropping" a torpedo and hitting the railcar would be more likely, I suspect...

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 2:17pm

- Accidental launch of torpedo.
- Torpedo leaves tube.
- Torpedo hits railcar and bounces off.
- Torpedo hits the ground next to the railroad track.
- Due to train speed, torpedo slides along the ground.
- Torpedo hits truck with chickens aboard waiting at railroad crossing
- Chickens now only lay scrambled eggs, shaken but not stirred.

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 5:25pm

Operation Petticoat: "We sank a truck!"

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 5:30pm

Quoted

I believe my answer will be:

*shrieks likes a little girl and throws computer out the window*

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 5:33pm

Quoted

Operation Petticoat: "We sank a truck!"

Exactly what I was thinking of...

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 5:50pm

Quoted

I believe my answer will be:

Heh. It'll be a few years, but a little planning never hurt. So, New York, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Marseille, St. Petersburg, Taranto, Manila? Hmmm, maybe Manila, that way the Phillipines will have to pay for Garcia's bills.....

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 6:04pm

Quoted

Heh. It'll be a few years, but a little planning never hurt. So, New York, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Marseille, St. Petersburg, Taranto, Manila?

a) I use the old name for Tokyo, thus Edo.
b) Should it come to that that talks are to be held in Japan, the Shogun will make her own home available for the talks, the most beautiful of castles in Japan: Himeji-jo.

Seeing how the food supply disappeared at an alarming rate, it would be safest to keep the talks somewhere in the Philippines or in that area of the world. That way a special Task Force can move to the Philippines, plunder the warehouses there and bring that food back to the talks.

and I forgot to add this to my previous message:

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 6:25pm

This time Ill be there as an observer reading 20 plus pages of talks and not having any thing to say is anoying.
I allreaby made up an cracter that will by a nice adition to Garcia.;-)

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 6:35pm

Quoted

I allreaby made up an cracter that will by a nice adition to Garcia.;-)

*shrieks likes a little girl and jumps out the window, joining the computer*
Good grief! Whichever nation is the victim, he really needs to stockpile the food and booze!!! Otherwise there will never be a result from those talks as everyone will have starved to death after one week of negotiating!!!

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 6:37pm

Quoted

I already made up an character that will be a nice addition to Garcia. ;-)

"Ohhhh Noooooooo Miiisstterr Billlllll!!!!!!!"
Hide your chickens and grapevines!!!

The Philippines would prefer not to have the next talks held in Manila. Note that our Terrible Threesome is now our Official Roving Diplomatic Team? This way someone else gets to feed the Bottomless Pit, er, Commodore.

The Brazilians never knew what hit them...

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 7:10pm

Well, depending on how Roosevelt does trying to get rid of Prohibition, we might not want to have them in the US. Can you imagine Garcia in a dry country? Maybe if we had it in San Diego he could run down to Tijuana, otherwise I don't think he'd survive the DT's!

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 7:38pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson

When the men with white coats let me out of my nice cozy room and take me off these lovely meds......

The last talks were a nightmare, odd considering I'm reasonably happy for the outcome in reguards to Atlantis.

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 7:38pm

Hehe He wont be that bad.

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 7:47pm

Ending treaty or would you like to play again?

The next talks will likely be around late 1935 or early 1936 due to the likelihood of at least one treaty member wanting to end the treaty by the beginning of 1937. (I believe that is what the treaty stipulates), otherwise there will not be a conferance until 1937 or later when the treaty members wish to alter the text again, but keep the treaty in progress.

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 9:18pm

Should a member decide to quite, the next talks will be a year after that particular nation has given that notice (and it doesn't have to be 1935 or 1936).
And it is also possible that member nations decide to stick to a slightly altered treaty after 1937, despite that one or two nations leave the treaty.

... though I would think that that last one is more likely to happen when two minor nations would quit the CT. Should two big nations leave (example: US and Atlantis), it would probably not happen.

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 9:30pm

Quoted

though I would think that that last one is more likely to happen when two minor nations would quit the CT. Should two big nations leave (example: US and Atlantis), it would probably not happen.

It'll be interesting to watch: if one minor nation leaves the Treaty, what do her neighbors do? If they stay within the Treaty, it will likely survive, but if it starts to snowball, it likely won't.