You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 29th 2004, 6:53pm

The HSwMS Drottning Sophia

One of the earliest ships of RSwN in the modern age, built in inspiration of the RNs Majestics. Look at her at

http://www.geocities.com/kustflottan/kfl1914/QS.htm

comments please

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, February 29th 2004, 7:06pm

Interesting

Interesting design, psilander, but before commenting in detail:

Will those "double casemats" be able to train?

Ciao,

HoOmAn

Sunday, February 29th 2004, 7:59pm

Yes, but the guns are not able to cross thier barrels. Elevation is about 25 degreese, they are able to train from strait ahead(aft) to 120degreese

You can see a similar design in the real HSwMS Fylgia's center 57mm casemate.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, February 29th 2004, 8:40pm

Casemats

I still wonder if there is enough room for two gun crews and the recoil of the guns...

HoOmAn

Sunday, February 29th 2004, 10:18pm

Thats a load of superstructure for a 1888 ship. does it really need it in a era of mainly point and shoot gunnery?

Shields round the main guns? most barbettes were open topped.

Monday, March 1st 2004, 6:46pm

I gave the guns shields because of the rough weather in the baltic and the north sea, I was even thinking of some kind of wether protection (gun indoors a la gun boat, or a fixed turret where you only move the gun)

It is a poor picture but the 2ndary battery is on the gangways, it is only a boat deck hanging over, you can see a similar design in the majestics.

My scale is rather poor but I think it is enough space for the gun crew( loader, and aimer, he also fires the gun, ther is one commander for two guns/ one casemate.