You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, January 30th 2006, 1:56pm

Saigon Sentinel - 16 October 1929

Yesterday several stonemasons were employed changing the inscription on the memorial to those killed in the explosion of PRS Palawan. The new text reads as follows:

"To the memory of the officers and men of the French and Phillippine Navies who lost their lives in the explosion of PRS Palawan on 6 May 1927."

A spokesman for the French Pacific Fleet explained the change.

"Recent events in the Phillippines offer a chance for putting our relations on a new basis. We trust that the new government there, given its naval background, will set things on an even keel, on a course to a better future. We look forward to renewing relations between our navies."

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, January 30th 2006, 3:12pm

That´s good news. Hopefully the French can teach the Filipinos to be more careful when dealing with BANG-equipment.....

Monday, January 30th 2006, 5:35pm

Note from Presidente de la Vega:

"It is with surprise, joy and gratitude that I recieved this news. This is a great day for Filipino-French relations, and I hope that we can build on this in time to come."

Wednesday, February 1st 2006, 1:18am

In Hyderabad, the Rana told reporters, "I'm relieved to see that the tragic accident in Saigon may no longer be a source of friction between France and the Philippines. With France committed to a gradual decolonization of Indochina, and in the absence of inflammatory rhetoric from fringe journalists in Russia, I hope that we can collectively develop closer working ties to benefit us all."

Wednesday, February 1st 2006, 1:57am

(Filipino interest might be shifting to a new tar-... direction.)

Wednesday, February 1st 2006, 1:58am

The Filippino conquest of Peru, you mean?

Wednesday, February 1st 2006, 2:12am

They'll have to hurry, I expect Peru to be making war on Chile by 1932. I was thinking more towards a former oppressor.

Wednesday, February 1st 2006, 3:21am

I plead the fifth.

Wednesday, February 1st 2006, 6:30am

Quoted

Originally posted by Ithekro
They'll have to hurry, I expect Peru to be making war on Chile by 1932. I was thinking more towards a former oppressor.

Gee, who would THAT be? lol