You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 27th 2006, 4:09am

Other hobbies?

What "other" hobbies do y'all have away (gasp!) from here?

Aside from being a "collector of plastic and builder of none", I'm also deeply into birding (current life list, 312 species). Lately I've been spending a lot of time here:

http://www.ebird.org/index.jsp

Monday, February 27th 2006, 4:20am

Well, until the eyes went south I was building and painting miniatures for a couple Warhammer 40K armies and for Battletech, I've got my starship drawing website, and my never-were drawings. Haven't built any models in a few years, but I've got a few boxes full of built and unbuilt models in the garage.

Monday, February 27th 2006, 4:43am

Models and the model railroad are on hiatus while I get more and more into the renovation/carpentry thing. This weekend's activities have included building a birthing den for a very pregnant cat and starting on a closet in the basement.

I do have a lot of Warhammer Fantasy and Necromunda models from those lines. It'd be nice to get back to those some time. I should see if I can dig up a few pics of them...

Monday, February 27th 2006, 4:53am

more than I've got time for...

reading, model-building, wargaming (World in Flames the present favorite), fencing to keep the waistline in line... oh, and WesWorld...

Monday, February 27th 2006, 5:16am

Aside from wesworld, Model building, reading (mostly history) and a new model railway project currently in the gathering stage. I'm hoping to buy my own condo in the near future so I acctually have a place to put my railroad and models.

I'm also into computer gaming, mostly Call of Duty and I'm currently building up a sizable book collection (as Rocky can attest too).

Monday, February 27th 2006, 5:22am

I used to run a RPG on AOL, but that seems to have died off. Reading, video games (that I can get to run)

and some modeling;

http://sapphire-wings.net/shinra

Monday, February 27th 2006, 6:33am

Swampy I honestly wouldn't have even thought for a moment that you were a bird watcher type. Quite a unique hobbie.

I'm gonna have to get me a digital camera and post some pics of my own models.

Monday, February 27th 2006, 9:08am

Apart for alt-history I'm interested in Model railways & the real thing (see Here )

I also like to read, but my time for that, on top of work for my course, is limited.

Doug Wise

Unregistered

Monday, February 27th 2006, 4:34pm

Alternate history, (American) football, basketball, baseball (first practice today!), history, other...high school stuff. ;)

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, February 27th 2006, 5:12pm

Something completly different: my girlfriend.

(Okay, hardly a "hobby" but still time consuming. ;o))

Monday, February 27th 2006, 5:28pm

Reading Classics, Fencing, Badminton, Conservative Future, Heckling Liberal Democrats and of course motorbikes, which are my biggest love in life.

Monday, February 27th 2006, 5:36pm

Quoted

Swampy I honestly wouldn't have even thought for a moment that you were a bird watcher type. Quite a unique hobby.

You should try it, it's lots of fun. :-) I reccomend the Kaufmann field guide...

Here's my Life List and my 2006 Year List - I'm hoping for 300 or better this year.

American Birding Association

Monday, February 27th 2006, 6:21pm

Quoted

Something completly different: my girlfriend.

(Okay, hardly a "hobby" but still time consuming. ;o))

Good enough. :-)

Quoted

Here's me at work up the railway!!!

Quite some rust there. Nice looking little loc though.

Quoted

I'm hoping for 300 or better this year.

You're already at 170 at the end of the second month. Surely you will get to the 300 with ease.

I read and collect US comics as well as Japanese manga (translated in the US of course), I watch and collect Japanese Animation and download fansubs of those series that are not available, I collect a variety of statues and figures (comic/manga/game related), I play video games (PS2, X-Box or PC), and of course when I am in Canada and not raiding the comic stores, I'm hiking in the Rocky Mountains.

Monday, February 27th 2006, 9:17pm

I love to read, not only history and aviation but just about everything I get my hands on. As for the rest, anything to do with airplanes, history especially military history, robotics (FIRST Robotics competition), baseball, model building (should I say plan on building) and Aviation Art see here took 1st in 2004,2005, 3rd in 2006.

Oh yeah theres Navalism too.

Monday, February 27th 2006, 9:37pm

My hobby is lerning difrent laungeges or launges and word in general.I try to lern and memorise latin and old greek sentence as much as i can.

I also like tuning cars.

One I like aviation but now its on the sidelines

Monday, February 27th 2006, 10:23pm

Radio Control Models (Planes, Boats, Cars)
Static Plastic Models (Aircraft and Sci-Fi mostly)
D-I-Y (does it ever end!)
Warhammer Fantasy (Wood Elves)
Warhammer 40K (Eldar)
Bloodbowl (Wood Elves) spotting a theme here??
Necromunda ( Escher - 'cause there's NO Elves!)
Role Playing Games
Reading (Sci-Fi - Space Operas mostly)
And my latest hobby....UNPACKING!!!!

Monday, February 27th 2006, 11:11pm

hey, we should be able to unpack all that stuff in 1 evening, I am sure ;)

Monday, February 27th 2006, 11:32pm

Just finding it may take a little longer!!

Tuesday, February 28th 2006, 1:32am

Quoted

Necromunda ( Escher - 'cause there's NO Elves!)

Groovy - got some of them myself, plus a bunch of Delaque, Redemptionists, and hired guns. Ran a Wyrd gang for a while - that was certainly interesting.