You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, October 12th 2009, 9:27pm

Inspiration

Some interesting P-51/FW190 hybrids made by JP Viera over at What if

Monday, October 12th 2009, 9:36pm

Oh boy! Two ugly planes smashed into one ugly plane (albeit very well drawn)!

[SIZE=1]*Brock does not like the look of the Mustang at all, though at least the FW190 has a... fighting bulldog sort of ugliness...*[/SIZE]

Still, well drawn.

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 3:47pm

There's a certain amount of chunkiness about them. The lower one looks better IMHO and maybe something like that might come out of the USA in WW?

An inline Fw190 might look sleeker.

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 4:54pm

I prefer the top one myself, seems to blend together better.

The Fw 190C looks a bit nicer though.

Quoted

An inline Fw190 might look sleeker

Isn't that the I-02? Well, Fw 190 mashed into a Tempest nose.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 5:12pm

I´d prefer the upper one too.

May I borrow that design sketch for some RSAF design of a radial engine high altitude fighter?

Could you please link me to the site you got this from?

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 5:17pm

Here's the site.
What-If Modellers

You need the Profiles and CGI section.

Been a member here for some time, lots of interesting stuff crops up here.

The basic I-02 design comes from here too.
It's a creation by BadersBusCompany and fitted the bill to what I was looking for.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hood" (Oct 13th 2009, 5:20pm)

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 5:18pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
May I borrow that design sketch for some RSAF design of a radial engine high altitude fighter?

The drawing doesn't make the most sense though. With an air cooled radial there's no need for the massive ventral radiator, unless, as with the Fw 190C you've got big intercoolers for a turbocharger or large supercharger. At that point the close cowling around the BMW 801 doesn't work any more as there's no room to root the exhaust pipes, leading to a big external one instead.

HoOmAn

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 5:40pm

A large turbo is what I had in mind - hence my reference to a high altitude fighter.

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 5:42pm

Quoted

*Brock does not like the look of the Mustang at all, though at least the FW190 has a... fighting bulldog sort of ugliness...*
Heretic! Infidel! Burn him!!! Burn Him!!!

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 5:49pm

Quoted

A large turbo is what I had in mind - hence my reference to a high altitude fighter.

Hmmm, only the US really managed to get turbochargers working well in the period, and that's after many years of development. You're still looking at 1943/44+. In many ways the turbocharger is more problematic than a gas turbine, especially with high performance si engines. For fighters, the turbocharger becomes less useful as altitude and speed increase, and it weighs a lot.

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 6:02pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox

Quoted

*Brock does not like the look of the Mustang at all, though at least the FW190 has a... fighting bulldog sort of ugliness...*
Heretic! Infidel! Burn him!!! Burn Him!!!

Mustang lover! Quick! Get a rope and find the tallest tree in town! *runs away* :D

HoOmAn

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 6:26pm

You´re probably right about the turbos. Anyway, the thing looks cool to me. :o) There surely is a reason why there has to be such intake. I just need to find it...

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 6:27pm

Quoted

You´re probably right about the turbos. Anyway, the thing looks cool to me. :o) There surely is a reason why there has to be such intake. I just need to find it...

There are a couple of Mustang adaptions which add a bunch of ramjets in lieu of the ventral radiator...

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 10:50pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

[SIZE=1]*Brock does not like the look of the Mustang at all, though at least the FW190 has a... fighting bulldog sort of ugliness...*[/SIZE]

Still, well drawn.

*smack smack smack* [SIZE=4]Heratic!!![/SIZE]
I personally like the look of the Mustang and LOVE the look of the FW-190, which is why I liked the new Argentinian I-02 fighter.

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 11:20pm

Another Mustang lover! Quick! Get another rope! *runs away* :D

Wednesday, October 14th 2009, 1:56am

No, I said I LOVE the look of the FW-190 and like the look of the Mustang.

Wednesday, October 14th 2009, 4:33am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Still, well drawn.

*smack smack smack* [SIZE=4]Heratic!!![/SIZE]
I personally like the look of the Mustang and LOVE the look of the FW-190, which is why I liked the new Argentinian I-02 fighter.

Even though I know the I-02's based on the FW-190, for some reason it's a completely different beast in my eyes. More elegant, more powerful, more refined, more wicked. More like a proper fighter than a bunch of parts that were blarghed out on the assembly floor by the engineer's dog. The I-02 has nothing I dislike about the Fw-190, everything I do like about the Fw-190, and the replacement parts make it look darn good.

I think the I-01 and the I-02s are the sexiest flying machines in Wesworld.

HoOmAn

Wednesday, October 14th 2009, 7:57am

Some posts further up this list I asked where you guys get these plane designs from. Could somebody post a like?

Thanks...

Wednesday, October 14th 2009, 8:01am

Was the answer Hood gave you not the right one then? (I haven't looked at that link yet)
http://wesworld.jk-clan.de/thread.php?postid=88015#post88015

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Oct 14th 2009, 8:01am)

Wednesday, October 14th 2009, 10:40am

Hood posted a link to the what if forum where this comes from

JP´s thread (this particular aircraft on the last page)
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,21287.735.html