You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, June 14th 2006, 7:29am

Turkey news and events, Q2/31

Given the current fad of posting news peicemeal I think I can follow the trend!

Ankara Gazette April 2nd, 1931

Discussions between the South African and Turkish governments have concluded in reguards to the purchase of four of the RSAN's Wasp class DD's.

South Africa has sold the ships RSAN Bee, RSAN Hornet, RSAN Wasp and RSAN Stinger to Turkey.
The ships will be refered to in Turkish service as the "Princes Islands class" or "Adalari class" after the island chain southeast of Istambul. Their names will be Kinali, Burgaz, Heybeliada and Buyukada respectively.

Thursday, June 15th 2006, 8:11am

Greece goes to enter SAE on her shitlist.

Oh, they're already there...

AIGF.

Thursday, June 15th 2006, 9:07am

April 5th

The Turkish Minister of the Navy, Hussein Rauf announced today that the newly aquired "Adalari class" heavy destroyers will be based in Icel along with the 1st scouting fleet centered around the battlecruiser Yavuz Sultan Selim.

The fleet will consist of:

BC Yavuz Sultan Selim

CA Ulic Ali Reis

CL Kinali
CL Burgaz
CL Heybeliada
CL Buyukada

DD Yadighiar-I-Milet (ex-German S-152)
DD Mahabet-I-Milet (ex-German S-153)
DD Timur Hisar (ex-German H-166)
DD Yar Hisar (ex-German H-167)
DD Hamid Abad (ex-German H-168)
DD Giaret-I-Vatanic (ex-German H-169)

TB Manisa
TB Muş
TB Nevşehir
TB Rize
TB Sakarya
TB Siirt

ML Malatia
ML Idjlalieh

MS Doganay (ex-Castor)
MS Dolunay (ex-Pollux)

Subchasers 1 through 12
Motor Launches 1 through 10

Depot ship Ali Pasa

Transports Gul Djeniad and Kara Deniz

Saturday, July 8th 2006, 7:59am

Ankara Gazette, June 12, 1931

Turkey has ordered a second Osmaneih class battleship from India to replace the aging Fatih Sultan Mehmed.

Given our experience gained in the recent SATSUMA excersizes and our desire to minimise the logistics problem the best possible design would undoubtedly be the one already building in India", stated the Turkish Minister of the Navy, Hussein Rauf.

The Turkish Minister also hinted at discussions with Germany in reguards to a large destroyer design to fullfill a similar role to the newly aquired "Adalari class" vessels.

"Most of the fleets destroyers are elderly vessels and should be replaced as soon as possible" he said.

"Germany has several appealing designs in addition to other navy's that could replace the Ottoman era relics."