You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, September 14th 2009, 7:34pm

Ideas

I had a cool idea, I want to make a Battleship for 1938, and rebuild it later in 40'' I want to make of her one of the best of her times... Like to add a lot of styles, Like 3 German shafts, Italian engine composition, USA guns and armour, English machinery, and second guns, French stuff ectetc. any more ideas??
Look like about the Agrentinian Rivadavia BB were I also working on!

Let me know

Alexander

btw comments?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALVAMA" (Sep 14th 2009, 7:35pm)

Monday, September 14th 2009, 8:02pm

For which country?

Monday, September 14th 2009, 8:16pm

Given the news section, i'd assume Peru.

Monday, September 14th 2009, 8:20pm

Indeed Peru

Like USA has done the ARA Rivadavia for Argentina, I want to do some similair copies of many concepts :D

Monday, September 14th 2009, 9:28pm

Quoted

any more ideas??

Fuso Superstructure. :D

Monday, September 14th 2009, 9:38pm

Best or ugliest? I suggest Doria's # of guns and Rodney/Nelson layout...

Monday, September 14th 2009, 10:14pm

Hmmm... Ugly...

... Hull of some of those old French monstrosities? :)

... or something like this? :D

*runs away*

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Sep 14th 2009, 10:14pm)

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 6:12am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
*runs away*

*pulls tripwire* SCORE !!

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 11:17am

Myself, I'd be surprised if Peru's in a position to afford a new-build BB in the aftermath of the war, or interested in one. I'd focus on more DDs, subs, and some modern CLs, myself....

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 12:42pm

Then The BB wound be for Peru then. I'll start with a CL

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 12:55pm

CLs and smaller vessels are what, IMO, Peru really needs: Peru's actually got a fairly substantial heavy force, for the size of the country (granted that it's a bit of a mish-mash), and the DD force has some good units, but there are no CLs in the fleet that were laid down more recently than 1920 or so and the destroyer and submarine forces need numbers.

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 1:09pm

Thanks!!

I'm now design table :D

Thanks for all input guys I've some great ideas now :D

perhaps she could be later for Peru ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALVAMA" (Sep 15th 2009, 1:10pm)

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 2:21pm

I think we will see, what the future will bring for Peru. In other words, the whole world would like to know, which vessels will survive the war. But I also think that, when I take a closer look at Peru's infrastructure, the construction of a battleship is still a very big dream.

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 3:38pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador
I think we will see, what the future will bring for Peru. In other words, the whole world would like to know, which vessels will survive the war.

Can help with that. All ships at 100% repair unless otherwise marked...

Battleships (2 ships)
Atahualpa, Manco Capac

Heavy Cruisers (2 ships)
Almirante Grau (95%), Callao (55%)

Light Cruisers (4 ships)
Almirante Guise (89%), Almirante Tucker , Ancash, Colonel Bolognesi (92%)

Destroyers 1st Class (3 ships)
Independencia, Union, Libertad

Destroyers 2nd Class (9 ships)
Teniente Vasquez, Capitan Garcia, Capitan Valdes, Capitan Hernandez, Teniente Galvez, Teniente Ferre, Teniente Palacios, Teniente Rodriguez, Capitan Aguierre

Destroyers 3rd Class
Ancon, Mollendo, Tacna, Tumbes, Trujillo, Apurimac, Rimac, Gamarra, Terror, Terrible, Torbellino, Temerario

Submarines
P-1, P-2, P-4, SC-2, SC-3, SC-4, SC-5

Patrol Boats and Minesweepers
S1 to S6 (subchasers)
DM-1 through DM-3 (minesweepers)

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 3:44pm

What do you think odf a new build cruiser with the last stuff as begin, the same idea as the cruiser copies of other countries cruisers :)

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 4:46pm

The first thing to do is figure out what Peru's navy is supposed to do. After that, you can figure out what sort of ships you need to fill the roles, but until you have an idea what you're trying to do, choosing designs is putting the cart before the horse.

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 5:15pm

I could see Peru building a pair of 8,000 to 10,000 ton CL's and a few more DD's. In addition Peru could likely boost its Minesweeper subchaser, patrolboat and MTB numbers.

Peru could likely sell off a few older vessels like Callao to pay for a second Almirante Grau type and standardise its heavy cruiser fleet somewhat. Either than or rebuild her BB's and the AC Callao.

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 5:38pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Peru could likely... pay for a second Almirante Grau type.

Chile: "Holy carp, the first one was bad enough!" ;( :P

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 6:19pm

Yes true enough, Colombia would agree!

In a strictly OOC sence however if Peru is looking to stadardise their fleet, Grau is brand new while Callao has just gotten one hell of a beating.