You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, April 26th 2013, 2:21am

Wesworld Geography Question

Could someone tell me whether the ancient city of Miletus is in Greek or Turkish territory? From the B-A map, it looks to me to be right near the border.

German archaeologists wonder... ?(

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, April 26th 2013, 3:36am

Probably SA would be the best to answer.

For me, just zooming in on the Really Big Map, the Greek section is a peninsula and the territory around it.
Miletus is on the next peninsula south, and so by my looking on the map is clearly in Turkey.

Friday, April 26th 2013, 4:00am

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
Probably SA would be the best to answer.

For me, just zooming in on the Really Big Map, the Greek section is a peninsula and the territory around it.
Miletus is on the next peninsula south, and so by my looking on the map is clearly in Turkey.

Looking at the map, I would tend to agree with you; I hope that Sam or Wes might weigh in on the subject though.

Friday, April 26th 2013, 4:12am

I'm guessing the border follows the Maender River, so - again guessing - the city is in Turkey.

Friday, April 26th 2013, 4:20am

Pending input from Wes, I would agree with the theory being presented so far.

Friday, April 26th 2013, 11:09am

From what I can tell it is part of Turkey.

Friday, April 26th 2013, 11:31am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
From what I can tell it is part of Turkey.

Thank you for the clarification; it is what I suspected, but having everyone on the same sheet of music is a good thing.