You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, May 15th 2004, 9:42pm

The Eastern Med.

Due to Greece being on an extended leave of absence and leaving quite a few things hanging in the air can i propose one of the following;

1.Italian occupation of Greece
2.Italy ceeds the Dodecanese to Greece*
3.Greece fails to be a country anymore

*This is the long term plan worked out between me and Harry. Italy would withdraw from the Dodecanese and hand them over to Greece. However Greece must give Italy 9.0 infrastructure points as compensation for the loss of a port at Rhodes.

Who wants what? I like 1. myself as it involves less "egg on face" for Italy, but i'm fairly open to others comments and will accept 3.

Saturday, May 15th 2004, 10:19pm

To me #1 seems the least likely, as it would likely start another war in the region and being 5 years after the great war I think many nations would be alarmed by this. Number 2 also seems less likely.
If you and harry worked out a storyline perhaps that would be the best course of action, and it definately has my curiousity peaked as to just how the flow of events happens.

From a player standpoint I think if we could get another player to play greece (new or already in the SIM) it would make things interesting.

Sunday, May 16th 2004, 10:09am

Me and harry did work out a timeline. i wonder if Bernhard still has a copy, because i don't. Anyway this timeline won't work now due to recent events placing Mussolini in government. Number 2 was agreed to by both of us.

Historically, Italy withdrew from the Dodecanese and was given a large slice of Kenya by the UK.

Sunday, May 16th 2004, 10:54am

Perhaps we should work out a story together, at least so I don't step on any toes in future story's.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, May 16th 2004, 12:09pm

Hmmm...

_IF_ I had to choose from the three I´d go with No.2 but please note that I´d prefer to have a player - Harry or somebody else (new player prefered) - taking care of greek business...whatever this means for the greek-italian relationship.

Regards,

HoOmAn

Sunday, May 16th 2004, 2:52pm

looks like the timeline fell prey to some overzealous cleaning up on my part ...

Tuesday, May 18th 2004, 2:44pm

Could i have any else's views please? At the moment we seem to be down to; my original No.2 option, or having a new player for Greece. I'd prefer to have Italy ceed to Dodecanese to Greece.

Tuesday, May 18th 2004, 3:19pm

Hmm...

You've kinda got two questions mixed together: what to do with Greece, and what to do with the Dodecanese.

A new player for Greece would not be a bad thing if Harry's permanently out of commission. However, having Greece as a non-player state also leaves it as a foil for neighbouring states that want a story (this could also include Turkey, not just Italy).

Either way, Greece should remain independent until a story changes that. If that means Italy later invades (risking WW 1.5 in the process), I have no fundamental objections. We will, however, need to figure out if any NPC would join the fray, and should have our combat rules done.

As for the islands, I'd guess that Mussolini would put the kaybosh on any hand-overs, given his control over the Foreign Affairs ministry. That would leave the ball in Greece's court: they could accept (with heated rhetoric) the decision, or try to contest it militarily or diplomatically. The question will be who makes the decision for Greece.

Tuesday, May 18th 2004, 9:52pm

"That would leave the ball in Greece's court: they could accept (with heated rhetoric) the decision, or try to contest it militarily or diplomatically. The question will be who makes the decision for Greece."

...It could also involve alot of shoe pounding.

Wednesday, May 19th 2004, 12:42am

If greece where to be played temperarily it would have to be by a nation without any involvement in the region or allied with a power in the region so as not to be biased. Two candidates that pop into my head are Walter or Stephan but it all depends on if they have the free time to do so, and it seems they both have alot on their hands already.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, May 19th 2004, 9:19am

You may have noted that it´s been a looooong time since I last post news/stories for the SAE. The reason is that I´simply don´t have the time to write down the stuff I have in mind or browse the web to get the pictures or maps I´d need.

So beg your pardon but I truely can´t handle another country rigth now. Sorry.

HoOmAn

Wednesday, May 19th 2004, 1:34pm

I vote for walter-San!

Wednesday, May 19th 2004, 2:13pm

I have my doubts that Walter will have the time either, but he can always prove me wrong.

If Greece needs a player, I think we'll have to bring a newbie in.

Wednesday, May 19th 2004, 10:24pm

Well the question is do we want do bring a player in to permanently replace harry or leave greece as a non player nation? I vote for option 1 as I hate to lose players.

Thursday, May 20th 2004, 10:51pm

I'm fairly sure that Walter-san has enough on his plate at the moment.

I don't really mind about having a new player for Greece.

The deal for the Dodecanese doesn't need a player for Greece anyway, its a simple situation;
Italy owns islands.
Greece wants same islands.
Italy wants to give Greece those islands in a non-profit deal. Otherwise Italy would just lose the 9pts have went into the type 3 port, which is non-sensical.

Could i have an OK on this course of action? and if not i'll think of some other crafty way to do something to give my mind some exercise... ;)

Friday, May 21st 2004, 2:08am

OK

Friday, May 21st 2004, 5:23am

I don't see a problem with it. I would think that for Italy its just a matter of building a new port to compinsate, but at no cost. If Greece recieves a new player they would be obligated to pay out the required infrastructure points to Italy, otherwise its a case of Italy moving a port.

Friday, May 21st 2004, 7:55pm

Personally speaking, I think it would be a little rich asking a new player to give up 9 points of infrastructure in a deal that a previous player had agreed to. (Sort of a case of "The sins of the father being visisted upon the son"!)

Could Italy not just retain Rhodes, and cede the rest to Greece?

I know all this was before my time, but it's just my 2 cent worth!

Friday, May 21st 2004, 8:30pm

When did Italy spend 9 pts on Rhodes?

Italy's infrastructure posting doesn't indicate any points spent on a port in a remote location. Nor have I seen any investment into slips or drydocks since we started 1921.

So unless I'm missing something, which is certainly possible, this looks like a possible windfall for Italy...in which case I have to wonder what Harry was thinking when he agreed to it.

J

Friday, May 21st 2004, 9:07pm

I think we are missing something. I only see a type three port at Rhodes statement, but no list of slips or dry docks.

Heres what the infrastructure rules states as a type 3 port:

Type 3, up to type 3 slipways and/or dry-docks and maximum of 7, cost 9 pts

Unfortunately I don't see a list of what slips are there.