You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 6:19pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
When I joined one of the bits I was told was WWI wasn't as bad as historical, that it ended a bit earlier, the US wasn't involved, but others were, and they really hadn't worked out the details.

That was always my impression, too.

I'd also like to note that Bulgaria somehow managed to be treaty-free of her version of Versailles in 1926. I laid out some options as to how this could have happened, including the option of Bulgaria remaining neutral during WWI.

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 8:09pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
.....and the discussion goes and will not lead to any result.

I´ve yet failled to see at least one other player moving, stating he is willing to accept a conflict without triggering all alliances, to probably loose men, material and land - just to get things rolling. And nobody stated he accepts to cancel any alliance for funs sake, to give us some leeway to work on a storyarc that will lead to some interesting bashing.

You can go one with this blabla alliance versus coughcough treaty partners all day but it will remain fruitless.

You guys have to move. Find a new mindset. Why spend all the time on fiddling with designs when there is no ultimate "test", no situation vessel x was not build for, no improvision and no results to get experience and lessons learned from? What purpose does it all serve when everybody is leaning back in his chair, feeling save because of all his powerful buddies?

The whole roleplaying thing is dead if there is no change. In that case, we will be back where we originally came from - pure design and discussion of technical details. But I´m not sure WW can live from that alone as it will be quite recurrent and probably even boring.

Think about it....

Hey, Hey, Hey now, wait a sec. I never said I wasn't interested in round 2, just not right away. Give a guy a chance to at least have a fighting chance against your massive navy. Brazil would like to fight you, but we would like better terms than a snowball's chance in h*ll of actually winning.

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 8:47pm

Quoted

We need to come up with an alliance acronym for AWAY. Then it can be FAR vs. AWAY.

Try one fore NEAR, that works better, NEAR vs FAR, comeone Kirk! Your slipping!!

Quoted

Overall, FAR is strongest in the pacific, doesn't need to be in the Atlantic as much. Russia fighting in Siberia would be a problem for Atlantis and France, while Atlantis in the Carrib sees the others out of place.
Thats preaty much it, in a nutshell.

Friday, April 16th 2010, 2:45am

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
True enough. At this point, I can't see anywhere in the world (except perhaps North America or Australia) where FAR won't want to pull out this doctrine. South America? Nope, Chile's there, might affect them, we're in. Africa? Nope, might affect French colonies, we're in. Europe? Nope, we're there already, we're in. Asia, nope, might affect French colonies, we're in. Australia proper and continental North America are really the only places they don't have a leg to stand on..... wait, continental North America has Quebec. Oh, might affect French speakers, we're in. Sheesh.

*twirls his black mustash and ajusts his tophat*
I never thought about it that way, must be either losing my touch or getting lazy, must adjust my ambitions to be more nefarious....

Friday, April 16th 2010, 3:23am

North Dakota versus South Dakota.

Two Dakotas enter, one Dakota leaves.

Friday, April 16th 2010, 5:03am

Canada... Wins...
..the new Dakota Province.
Flawless Victory.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, April 16th 2010, 5:11am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Try one fore NEAR, that works better, NEAR vs FAR, comeone Kirk! Your slipping!!

Who wants a war NEAR, any sensible person wants a war FAR and AWAY.

Friday, April 16th 2010, 4:36pm

Thread has been quiet for a while now. But I have to say it was a good sandtable exercise for everyone. A way to reexamine the current state of WW and a way to find avenues to spice it up a little bit.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Apr 16th 2010, 4:37pm)

Friday, April 16th 2010, 4:42pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
North Dakota versus South Dakota.

Two Dakotas enter, one Dakota leaves.

Don't get me started with that chant again! :P

Friday, April 16th 2010, 5:38pm

A spectator in Mexico City was able to send this picture seconds before he disappeared...

Friday, April 16th 2010, 6:17pm

No doubt those Mexican troopers are on the way to recapture the Alamo. :)

Friday, April 16th 2010, 7:22pm

Shhhhh!!!

Saturday, April 17th 2010, 11:18am

Satsuma are a buch of sissies. Either that or its members haven't read the small print.

It's goal is to drive the Europeans out of Asia and its done nothing since its foundation to even attempt to begin that work. India wisely decided it wasn't working for them and got a better deal. The Phillippines gets nothing out of Satsuma at all, Japan seems content to build a large fleet and let China do the legwork.

Really Satsuma isn't that scary anymore, SEAR is more scary because if China invaded a SEAR member nation's territory we would assume a move by Satsuma against us. Japan and the other puppets would have to quickly declare they had nothing to do with China's actions and prove they were not aiding them. That might be hard to do even diplomatically. If China then found itself deprived of support from its allies Satsuma would collapse. After all this time is it probable Satsuma nations are going to do anything?

Saturday, April 17th 2010, 11:29am

Well to be fair....if you have a civil war and your part of SATSUMA........

Saturday, April 17th 2010, 11:37am

Interesting, very interesting.

So, apparently 1/3 of GNUK is paranoid that everyone is out to get them, 1/3 is double-daring SATSUMA to "bring it on, I dare you," Me wonders what the last third is going to say? This discussion is very enlightening I must say, I never knew 2 posts about Atlantean-Brazilian relations improving would provoke 251 responses! And here I was thinking Foxy had finally killed it, but Hood stirs it up again!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Apr 17th 2010, 11:39am)

Saturday, April 17th 2010, 11:38am

255 now! The post for "The bigass wesworld map" is the only post that comes close to the number of reply's!

Saturday, April 17th 2010, 11:43am

I'm just saying we've all gotten worked up about Satsuma for 20 years but they haven't really done anything but bluff and bluster. The threat just isn't there and they would need a reason to start trouble now.

Reading the Yugoslav thread is very interesting because what could have been a neat little war with some interesting battles fell flat when it came to how and why. If we can't find reasons to stoke up a little war like that then how can we find reasons for larger wars.

What if we bring the Yugoslav war to life again as some kind of Balkan war with Greece involved?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Saturday, April 17th 2010, 11:47am

You can stir up some larger conflict if one party raids a place, ignoring or not knowing it belongs to or contains major investemens of a third party as well.

There are currently talks behind the curtain if this is possible and if there is any chance to keep it local, sort of.

Saturday, April 17th 2010, 11:48am

Sure, Turkey could take advantage of that and take back her Anatolian territory! :D

Saturday, April 17th 2010, 11:50am

Quoted

I'm just saying we've all gotten worked up about Satsuma for 20 years but they haven't really done anything but bluff and bluster. The threat just isn't there and they would need a reason to start trouble now.

Oh im not arguing with you, I just found it funny your ally was getting all excited that FAR was apparently saying "this area off limits" "that area off limits" and thinking half of Europe is out to get him, yet you are telling SATSUMA "bring it on, I dare you!" Seems GNUK has conflicting voices!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Apr 17th 2010, 11:53am)