You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 6:17am

I realy realy like her although I have to confess to being inspired by the late WW1 german ships myself. (if I could get my hands on Derfflinger id be in 7th Heaven ^.^ )

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 7:49am

The British have the Iron Dog at Scapa Flow. And, regrettably, she isn't going to be moving anytime soon. :P

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 7:51am

I know T.T couldnt our estimed british player have writen a tad bit of history about her being saved LOL

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 9:39am

Quoted

Originally posted by Tanthalas
I know T.T couldnt our estimed british player have writen a tad bit of history about her being saved LOL

Something to keep in mind for WesWorld 2.

I've always wondered how treaty modernized High Seas Fleet ships would turn out.

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 4:18pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc

Quoted

Originally posted by Tanthalas

Something to keep in mind for WesWorld 2.

I've always wondered how treaty modernized High Seas Fleet ships would turn out.

could have a bit of revisionist history LOL, perhaps they have bene riding at anchor at scapa all this time and the UK just decided to sell em off =P

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 4:35pm

Maybe D wasn't badly damaged during the scuttling and can be refloated...Course the costs would be through the roof, but if you really really want her, it could be an option. Would make for a good story too.

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 4:56pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Maybe D wasn't badly damaged during the scuttling and can be refloated...Course the costs would be through the roof, but if you really really want her, it could be an option. Would make for a good story too.

the question being would everyone let me if I wanted to use that as a story line thing?

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 5:04pm

It would cost you a lot (possibly up to 75% her original cost), but I don't think it would be a problem.

Thursday, February 14th 2008, 1:11am

Back with a 'Vengeance' - For you Wes:

I had to make a few necessary changes; increased the freeboard, widened the catapult deck, omitted a couple of directors. I also added funnel caps to preserve the family face.

Thursday, February 14th 2008, 1:33am

Sweet! Thanx Monty!

Thursday, February 14th 2008, 7:21am

Voila!

Thursday, February 14th 2008, 2:54pm

Very nice looking ship, both versions (Monty's and yours) look very sleek.

Historically the salvage operation at Scapa Flow started in around 1935ish. I'd assume such work would therefore be undertaken now so maybe it could be done.

As Desertfox says it would be very expensive. Scrap value + costs of rasing + costs of total overhaul of all machinery, new superstructure, new guns, new fittings and 1001 other little things that don't like salt water... still it could be done.

[Although this opens the doors to other sunken ships down there!]

Thursday, February 14th 2008, 4:09pm

I have been amazed...

...that there are no models of those German battlecruisers.

Quoted

I realy realy like her although I have to confess to being inspired by the late WW1 german ships myself.

I mean, 4 BCs steaming into the massed cannonade of the 33 battleships and battlecruisers of the Grand Fleet, and living to tell the tale...

Staggering.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AdmKuznetsov" (Feb 14th 2008, 4:09pm)

Thursday, February 14th 2008, 4:26pm

RE: I have been amazed...

Quoted

Originally posted by AdmKuznetsov
...that there are no models of those German battlecruisers.

Quoted

I realy realy like her although I have to confess to being inspired by the late WW1 german ships myself.

I mean, 4 BCs steaming into the massed cannonade of the 33 battleships and battlecruisers of the Grand Fleet, and living to tell the tale...

Staggering.

I know if I wasnt so cash straped i would be very very tempted to raise and rebuild the Iron Dog (also sadly I realy dont have any reason to have a large fleet)

Friday, February 15th 2008, 3:54am

I could get you Swiftsure and Triumph.

Friday, February 15th 2008, 4:12am

ill have to look them up =P Everyone (atleast from Navalisim) knows im a long term lover of German ships. (although at this point id likley take anything i could mess around with)

Friday, February 15th 2008, 5:02am

Hate to dump on you guys but it might be better to create a separate thread on German BC ideas ect., rather than clutter this one. I'm half expecting comments on the thread topic only to find its been highjacked!

Friday, February 15th 2008, 6:42am

i know I made one but everyone kept posting here...