You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, February 18th 2007, 10:45am

The agreement we had in the past and which was and is a good one: Ships designed in a certain version will live on simmed in that version even if a new variant of SS is available.

So no general re-simming of all old designs. Re-builds and modernizations being an exeption of course where the then re-build unit is simmed in a newer version of SS. That´s what ShinRa_inc said.

Regarding SS3beta I expect people to play around with it but as it only is a very early beta SS2.1 will remain the program to use for ships introduced into and build for WesWorld.

Once the bugs are hammered out of SS3beta and a final version is released we surely swap to the latest version.

Sunday, February 18th 2007, 11:20am

IMO if someone wishes to redesign a ship using the newest vertion of SS we shouldn't prevent them from doing so, so long as the design dosn't turn out to be heavier.

If it turns out to be lighter they will have essentially built a more expensive ship than nessassary (if the lateset version of SS was available at the time).

Sunday, February 18th 2007, 3:47pm

I was thinking of something like this for the torpedoinstallation

or

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "psilander" (Feb 18th 2007, 3:49pm)

Sunday, February 18th 2007, 4:32pm

My only qualms with SS3 is that the Guns page is a bit complicated. I would prefere an updated SS2. Ill probably stay with SS2 a bit longer than most untill I get SS3 figured out.

Sunday, February 18th 2007, 9:00pm

Sunday, February 18th 2007, 9:03pm

Yes, Kittynolike Tripod. :)
BTW, Mycomputernolike your pictures either. :D
Still it is easy to get around that. Just copy/paste the adress.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Feb 18th 2007, 9:04pm)

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, February 19th 2007, 9:16am

While tinkering with an old BB design, I tried inputing numbers into the "bulge" fields on the armor page. That is apparently not functional at this time.

Other things I have noted are
Can not enter kg for shell weight, has to be pounds.
No gun placement option for side - grouped center as in SS2. This caused me some bewilderment on a carrier that was to have guns fore/aft of the island and I normally use that category.

Overall I think it's very nice, even just the beta version. I like the 2 gun "up" position , and the ability to subdivide the batteries....and a large number of other things. It really doesn't like destroyers, but you say that will get better.

Monday, February 19th 2007, 10:18am

You can either choose lbs or kg for shell weight, just click on it and the blue field switches sides in the boxes. It is confusing.

What you can't change is mm or in on the mount armour unless you choose all imperial or all metric on the hull page. But the belts etc can be both mm or in. I find that a little annoying.

For carrier islands I use fore deck aft and aft deck forward to place the guns as close as possible to the centre.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hood" (Feb 19th 2007, 10:19am)