You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, November 21st 2006, 12:49pm

16 November 1932 - The French Naval Staff announce...

a redeployment of coast defense battleship Foch from Tangiers to Saigon.

Further, the 5th Flotilla Torpillieurs will be disbanded, and the Aventurieur class torpillieurs thus released, along with the three unassigned ships of the class at Marseilles, will be assigned, three each, to the 5 battleships of the Petain class to serve as a screen for them. Once at their respective home ports, the ships of the Aventurieur class will be rebuilt over the course of 1933 to fit them for their new duties.

Tuesday, November 21st 2006, 12:51pm

Is the redeployment of Foch a response to a percieved threat, or just a shifting of forces?

Tuesday, November 21st 2006, 2:34pm

Do elephants growl?

"This move concerns Siam, as it is a unnecessary escalation of forces in the region. We have stated that we are willing to meet with France to discuss possible resolutions to the historical difficulties between our nations, and France responds by deploying an additional vessel armed with major calibre guns to the region?"

Tuesday, November 21st 2006, 4:00pm

Well you should have some Malay Tigers...

Tuesday, November 21st 2006, 6:12pm

Siam's supposed to not like it.

The reason for Foch moving is that Courbet is getting a bit elderly, and it will soon be time to make coast artillery and razor blades out of her.

Hm. Wherever shall I put six twin 305mm turrets and 22 138mm single mounts...

Tuesday, November 21st 2006, 6:18pm

So why is it called "coastal artillery" when it is placed on the border?....

Tuesday, November 21st 2006, 6:20pm

The Maginot line of Southeast Asia. :-)

Tuesday, November 21st 2006, 6:29pm

They'll just dig a tunnel network under it.

Tuesday, November 21st 2006, 7:37pm

They won't go on the border

The French government intends to build a naval infrastructure for the Khmer people, and a rail line from a coastal port to the capital. Hence the requirement for coast artillery there.

The land defense of their territory will rely on the power of a People in Arms, defending their homes, families, and improving way of life.

Trespassers beware!

Especially those tossing firebombs reeking of burnt rubber around.

Wednesday, November 22nd 2006, 3:15am

Quoted

Trespassers beware!

Especially those tossing firebombs reeking of burnt rubber around.

(Of course, this development will really get the Siamese hopping mad...)

Wednesday, November 22nd 2006, 8:45am

They might have to resort to *gasp* diplomacy!!!

AIGF

Wednesday, November 22nd 2006, 3:04pm

"Diplomacy? I know not this diplomacy you speak of..."

Wednesday, November 22nd 2006, 6:29pm

"That's that board game with no dice and no cards, just pieces and a board. You might like it. It involved stabbing people in the back...figuratively, not actually, though rules can be modified."

Wednesday, November 22nd 2006, 8:29pm

The Japanese version already has!

Wednesday, November 22nd 2006, 8:48pm

Than the Siamese will like this game.

Somehow I'm expecting figures from the later revolutions and wars to start showing up in Southeast Asia.

Wednesday, November 22nd 2006, 9:00pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Ithekro
Than the Siamese will like this game.

Somehow I'm expecting figures from the later revolutions and wars to start showing up in Southeast Asia.

Hah! Swampy will have to get them "on loan". ;)

There's not a whole lot of time in any case. I confidently expect SE Asia to explode (figuratively) within 5 years..

Wednesday, November 22nd 2006, 9:18pm

I would bet that the Mediterrean will be the first place to explode. After that...the whole world? I've been noticing that the Japanese have been building plenty of light craft extremly suitable for fighting in Indochina...

Wednesday, November 22nd 2006, 9:47pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
I would bet that the Mediterrean will be the first place to explode. After that...the whole world? I've been noticing that the Japanese have been building plenty of light craft extremly suitable for fighting in Indochina...

The Med is tense, and the Japanese are prepared for riverine warfare, but SATSUMA just signed a pact with France over Indochina. SATSUMA-FAR relations are actually at a high point right now, I judge (as opposed to the "low point" of Palawan).

Wednesday, November 22nd 2006, 10:44pm

Quoted

You never know...

(I did some looking, and 'Uncle Ho' was jailed in Hong Kong at this point historically for communist activities. With WW being pretty much communista non grata, and with 'the Siamese are restless', it was a simple matter of 'rifle bribery'... ;-) )

Quoted

SATSUMA just signed a pact with France over Indochina. SATSUMA-FAR relations are actually at a high point right now, I judge (as opposed to the "low point" of Palawan).

A problem easily fixed. ^_^

Wednesday, November 22nd 2006, 11:16pm

Quoted

I would bet that the Mediterrean will be the first place to explode.

Greece vs Turkey quickly followed by Italy helping either or choosing to kick them whilst they're down.